Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is there a widget that will let me toggle 4g on and off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ciabatta posted:

Depends on your phone. LTE Switch isn't a true widget, but works for Verizon 4G.

Sweet.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
How hard would it be to write an app that checked this page (the URL is the same every week) and downloaded the list every week?

Or just downloaded that page, it's a txt file.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

404notfound posted:

If the format and stuff remains the same, then it's fairly trivial, as far apps go. Depending on what you want it to do, you could have a feature-complete, if barebones, app within a few hours. It's basically just parsing text.

I just want something that will check that page, download the current version, and let me read it. I have an issue with getting to the comic shop and having no idea what's out that week that I wanted to get and it'd help to have a written list in front of me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

big mean giraffe posted:

If you're looking for toggle widgets, use Widgetsoid. By far the best for a simple classy looking toggle, you can even match ICS's theme. Considering the clock in BW is a digital clock I wouldn't hold out for analog skins. You know you can use the weather separately and just use the Android built in analog widget.

How do I match the ICS theme in Widgetsoid?

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 3, 2012

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Any good keyboards for ICS that aren't swiftkey or swype?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Codiusprime posted:

I really like the stock keyboard but I just recently installed Smart Keyboard on my parent's phones and it's pretty slick.

I'm just playing around finding one I really love. The stock is nice but I want to see what else there is.

What's that one that's like a rotary dialer but for typing?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lelandjs posted:

8Pen. Its a great idea but kinda clunky and takes forever to get used to.

If you're sure you want to try it though here's a free game that functions as a tutorial.

Thanks!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is there a way to download an entire folder at once using Dropbox?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Are there any really boss games I should think about getting while I wait for Temple Run to hit?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Read through the games thread.

Whoops! Forgot we had that. Thanks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is there a way to download older versions of an app? I use ComicRack and since it updated I'm not a big fan of how it displays file structure, is there a way to "roll back" to an earlier version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Unless you have a TitaniumBackup copy of the old version, no. Google would be your best bet.

Been there, tried that. Gonna just make an appeal on the guy's site.

• Locked thread