Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Glimm posted:

The Android engineer who did DashClock has a new live wallpaper app which is pretty awesome:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.muzei

That's really nice, I like the double tap to unblur it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Xarb posted:

I haven't archived a single email since I started using Gmail in 2005. Screw you google!!

This is my advisor. Except she has something like 10,000 unread emails in her inbox along with all the read ones. When I see it sometimes it makes me want to cry.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
With Poweramp, is there a way to hide the next list buttons? While I fat finger them only occasionally still really annoying when I do it. Just a feature I never use.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I decided to try Airdroid again, after not using it for awhile. For some reason it sends my text messages but they do not appear in the messaging app. I'm currently using a HTC One (M7). Pushbullet did the same thing with texts not showing up.

Also, I had to replace my M7 and before Google Now would speak that it was setting an alarm, etc. However on the new phone it does not do that. Is there a setting I'm missing to have it do that?

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Decius posted:

- People who even consider using the Web App are pretty deeply invested in the Pocket Cast App already, so mind less to pay a bit more
- It's more a desktop environment than a mobile App environment, were prices are a lot higher and 9 dollar aren't really much in comparison
- It's a one-time payment for something I at least will use hundreds, maybe thousands of hours
- The convenience of seamlessly switch between desktop and mobile without having to remember where you were on your podcast is easily worth it and the developer knows it

This is pretty much how I feel. Hopefully, they will let you order the your playlist and let it play all.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Decius posted:

Fenix is the one I like most.

I get the occasional errors with the widget. Just says that it stopped working. I'm on a M7, has this happened to you? It got to the point that I just removed it because it was crashing almost any time I was on the same screen as the widget.

Other than that, it is definitely my favorite client I've tried.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Gozinbulx posted:

Anyone else want to try out the new app from the team that made Skype? It's called Wire. Supposed to be pretty sweet. My excitement mainly comes from the implementation of Opus audio codec for voice calls.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wire

Problem is, it seems to have very limited (stated) compatibility, and won't show up in the play store for my HTC One M7. Evozi won't snatch it.

I know for a fact that an S5 will see it, but my friend who has one doesn't have root to get the apk for me.

Can someone who can install it perhaps post or send me the APK? It's a free program so I don't think its unkosher to ask.

I just installed it on my T-Mobile M7 but that was through the Play website and not app.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Speaking of Pushbullet. I have an issue with texts sent from Pushbullet do not appear in the messaging app on my HTC One (M7). I'm using whatever HTC messaging app is, Hangouts did not work for me for some reason when getting MMS over wifi calling.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

If you're on a provider that supports wifi calling, MMS does not need a cellular connection if you're on wifi and have wifi calling enabled. That's the whole point of wifi calling.

Yep, MMS works fine with stock HTC messenger but every other one I've tried it doesn't work. Not sure why that is. I have the same issue of texts sent via AirDroid, Pushbullet, MightyText not appearing. I'll just chalk it up to something screwy HTC does.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Has anyone run into really bad lag issues with Google Maps? On my M7 when I load it up, it takes forever and trying to type a name in takes minutes because of lag. I deleted cache and data but that didn't seem to help.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Thermopyle posted:

Search shows me this app was mentioned months ago, but I just came across it so...

I switched from Arcus for a weather app to Weather Timeline. Its got a sweet Material Design UI and uses Forecast.io as it's backend.

The widget is nice looking too.

Yeah this is really nice and a good thing to spend my survey money on.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Are there any decent plant ID apps similar to the Merlin bird one?

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

ZZZorcerer posted:

Any recommendation for an app like iTunes ? I have an android now and I would like to know the best way organize and transfer music to my phone. (My data plan sucks so I'd rather not stream while listening)

If you already have your music in iTunes look into iSyncr. It's how I transfer music to my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Ohvee posted:

Man, Pushbullet has to be my favorite free app now. They keep adding some really useful and well implemented features.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/15/8968945/pushbullet-android-windows-sms-app-update

I used to use this and Mightytext awhile ago but some change has none of the texts sent via either showing up in the conversation (HTC One M7). Guess I should try it again to see if it works.

• Locked thread