Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Codiusprime posted:

So, I've asked a couple of times but is the LP rewrite pretty much dead at this point? It was my favorite launcher back in the day but it just isn't what it used to be.

As of October 6th, "still in the works".

edit: Federico is really the worst Twitter user ever

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Drifter287 posted:

Yeah you do, I paid for the pro license but it's still not working.

Disable headset controls in whatever app is taking focus and see if it works. Also I don't think the auto-choose option works in Phantom Music Controls, you have to specify the app.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Drifter287 posted:

I don't see anything like that in options for the stock music app, just some audio effects options, and I switched it from the auto-choose option to Stock app 2.3/Google Music.

It's strange, if I open up Music beta, the widget pops up on my lock screen, but it doesn't display the right track. If I hit pause, the Music Beta icon disappears like it usually does when you hit pause/stop, but then the stock music player app opens up. If I try to hit the music app hot swap button, it occasionally opens up gmail.

Actually, I had that problem too. I just uninstalled the default music app, but if you're not rooted, I guess you're screwed.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

ZoDiAC_ posted:

What are the best camera apps?

The MIUI camera is the fastest until ICS comes out. I don't think it's on the market though.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I must be dumb because I can no longer pull down the notification bar in WidgetLocker, but I'm pretty sure I have all the options to lock it unchecked.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

900ftjesus posted:

I got a $2 credit on Amazon and "bought" it with that. Given Amazon's track record in this department, it will be a while before we get the update.

I was kicking myself this morning when I realized that I paid $3 for WidgetLocker in the market last night and still had that $2 in the Amazon market. Now I think I made the right choice.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I Dont Like You posted:

Yeah, I've tried that, and absolutely nothing happens. Works with the unlock slider though. Hmm, maybe I should just uninstall and reinstall..

Just clear the data on the app. It'll default to only having the ICS slider, which you can then long press on and edit. There are so many new features that you're probably better off starting from scratch.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

enojy posted:

For anyone running the current Google+ 2.0 beta (leak?), if you're having issues with your contact list in any way causing android.process.acore to crash, it's likely Google+ causing it.

Ugh. Spent two days researching this specific crash, with most people's problem being sync settings or some sort of invalid data in their gmail contacts list (special characters, incomplete fields, etc.) If you're certain that your contacts list is proper yet still crashing when trying to sync, add/remove contacts, or view contacts, try uninstalling Google+ 2.0 and reverting back to the current Android Market version. Everything contacts-related works perfectly now.

Two days? You should have asked about it here. I researched it a few days ago and figured it out pretty quickly. I barely use G+ as it is so I had no problem with reverting.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Ozmodiar posted:

I want to be able to move video files from my computer to my WiFi Xoom without having to plug it in to my computer.

Is there an app that will let me do this?

(I'm testing Qloud and Emit for streaming at home, but I'm going out of town this weekend, and I realized it would be useful to not have to plug my Xoom in anytime I wanted to copy a file over).

ES File Explorer will. Click menu - show tabs, click the LAN tab, click on your PC, find files, copy files, paste files onto your phone.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Ozmodiar posted:

Anything that will let me share only specific folders that you need a username/password to access?

I don't really want my roommates mooching a bunch of stuff off my hard drives, so I don't share anything publicly on the network...

Despite the fact that I only have a small number of folders shared, ES can access every file on every drive of my PC. I don't know how it works, but I assume I put my username and password in there at some point, so you should be safe (unless they use your phone).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Aatrek posted:

Feedly looks pretty, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to remove the pre-installed feeds. Any help?

I installed this app just to figure this out because I figured you were missing something glaringly obvious.

I think they left that feature out.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

torjus posted:

You could try gReader.

This is what I use. I prefer all of my feeds to be in a short little list that I can just glance over and quickly get through because I only read my feeds on my lunch break.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

hooah posted:

Does this one not gently caress up the Sense People app?

It wasn't just Sense, it was loving up on CM7 when trying to add a new contact. Works fine with this version though.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

quote:

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #D01-007XXXX-XXXXXX for "Fancy Widget Pro" placed on 24-Apr-11. We recently learned that the original version of the app has been discontinued and is no longer supported. As a result, we've released a new free version of the app, "Fancy Widgets," which integrates the free version and the pro version into a single package.

To download the new free version of "Fancy Widgets," visit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LYAN6G

We'd also like to offer you the premium features at no additional cost. Visit the app developer's website (http://fw.anddoes.com/GetLicense.aspx) and enter the order ID and order date for "Fancy Widget Pro."

Once you have your license key, launch the new free version of "Fancy Widgets," tap "Settings," and enter your license key in the "Unlock with license key" section to unlock these features.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Regarding My Data Manager, is anybody else unable to download it? The market says that I can download it on my Transformer, but not my EVO running CM7.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

scarymonkey posted:

I remember reading somewhere there was a way to decopule an app from the market. I have a certain application I don't want updated (CM7 skin which I don't like the new versions). While it's around on my market apps list I can't use the update all feature which is annoying.

If you're rooted, long press the app in Titanium Backup and unlink it from the market.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

scarymonkey posted:

Thanks! Looks like I needed the Pro version for the unlink feature, just bought it, and it seemed to work fine. Found the app in the list under the Backup/Restore section, long pressed it and chose "Deattach from Market" from the popup menu. I've been getting by with the free version of Titanium Backup for a while, it's a pretty powerful tool but the UI is horribly unintuitive.

The ability to reinstall all of your apps at once makes the pro version worth every penny.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Quickoffice Pro is the free Amazon app of the day. I'd still prefer it be Docs to Go, but this is still a pretty good deal.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Didn't see anybody mention this, but the Adobe Touch Apps have finally been released (for :10bux: each):

Adobe Photoshop Touch

quote:

Transform images with core Photoshop features in an app designed for tablets.
Combine images, apply professional effects, share results with friends and family through sites like Facebook, and more – all from the convenience of your tablet.
  • Use Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
  • Use your tablet camera to fill an area on a layer with the exclusive camera fill feature.
  • Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
  • Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
  • Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
  • Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you'd like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
  • Sync projects with Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop.
  • Image resolution: 1600 x 1600 pixels

Adobe Ideas

quote:

Adobe Ideas is the digital sketchpad app to create vector drawings anywhere.
Great ideas show up anywhere. Adobe® Ideas is the essential digital sketchpad app that lets you design almost anywhere using vectors, layers, and color themes. With Adobe Ideas create finished design work ready for production. Or easily access the results for refining in Adobe Illustrator® or Photoshop®.

Adobe Proto

quote:

Adobe Proto lets you create wireframes of websites and apps on your tablet.
Design interactive wireframes and prototypes for websites and mobile apps with the convenience of simple touch gestures.

Adobe Debut

quote:

Adobe Debut lets you present designs and capture feedback on your tablet.
Adobe® Debut is the new Adobe Touch App that lets you elegantly present select Adobe Creative Suite® designs to clients and colleagues virtually anywhere with confidence and complete control.

Adobe Collage

quote:

Adobe Collage lets you assemble moodboards combining images, drawings, and text.
Adobe® Collage lets you capture and refine concepts by combining inspirational images, drawings, text, and files from select Adobe Creative Suite® components into modern, conceptual moodboards. Upload your files to Adobe Creative Cloud* to refine later or share with others.

Adobe Kuler

quote:

Adobe Kuler lets you generate color themes that can inspire any design project.
Adobe Kuler is the most powerful color inspiration tool you’ve seen on a tablet device. Create harmonious color themes that can inspire any project with easy-to-use tools. Explore hundreds of thousands of color themes created by the Kuler community – a vibrant social network of color enthusiasts.
Whether you’re a designer, artist, developer, hobbyist, craft maker, or just somebody who loves color, Kuler will transform your tablet into the ultimate inspiration tool.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Amazing thing #57493 that ES File Explorer can do that I just now found:

Long press on a file > Properties > Show Checksum > check method > Calculate

:aaaaa:

No more having to gently caress with Windows' lovely fciv sum checker

ES File Explorer can literally do anything (except open pdf files). I don't know if it's a brand new feature, but long pressing on the buttons on the toolbar do different things. I can't believe this is a free app.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

LastInLine posted:

Two things it can't do that I wish it could: 1. Modify permissions, 2. Create a Samba share

Permissions I seldom need but sometimes do and hate to have to use Terminal just for that, and being able to make a Samba share I've never needed until I found out Lion isn't so good at doing them.

But other that that, yeah, ES is something for which I would happily pay. It's doubly nice that the dev is responsive if not quick when it comes to addressing problems.

I'm curious why it can't do permissions. I think maybe I'll email the dev about that. In the meantime, Root Explorer can do permissions.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Oops, BMG is right, even if he didn't bother to explain it. You have to turn on Root Explorer in the settings. Tough titties if you're not rooted but why would you need to deal with permissions otherwise?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

What is a good default camera substitute? The camera that comes with cyanogenmod kind of sucks balls

MIUI camera if you don't need a bunch of filters and stuff. I don't think it has an option to use the FFC though.

edit: since it's not on the market, mine might be outdated. I don't know if it has FFC support yet.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Radbot posted:

Try Emit.

Or Qloud.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Is this on Android Market? I just got a Transformer and would really like to pick this up, but none of the Supernote apps on the Market look like the screenshots...

Update your system firmware.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Are there any recipe apps even remotely similar to Paprika on iOS?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

:siren:Beautiful Widgets is $0.10 today!:siren:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

There's a running list going in the Games thread. So far it's:
  • Beautiful Widgets
  • Fruit Ninja
  • Reckless Racing
  • Star Chart
  • Read It Later Pro

Five left to find.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Asphalt 6 and Sims 3 both not compatible with my Transformer :(

dynodash posted:

It's not possible to ignore app updates, is it? I don't give a poo poo about Twitter but it came installed on my phone and now I keep getting notifications to install the latest version of the official app.

If you don't give a poo poo about it, why don't you just update it then not use it? It's not going to kill your phone. If it really bothers you, root your phone and remove it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

So far, the trends of this sale per day seem to be one game by EA, one children's book, one live wallpaper, and one racing game. Am I missing any?

It'd be nice to see Splashtop HD go on sale.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

jackpot posted:

Evo 4G:

Recently (I think it's within the past week, when my phone was reset, although it's hard to tell because I get so few calls) when I answer my phone I'm prompted to press 1 if I want to accept the call. Is this some weird Google Voice feature? At first I thought it was some kind of collect-call scam, but it's not, it's every call.

Yes, it's a voice setting. Check the settings page on the website.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Speaking of Chrome 2 Phone, is it not working for other people? I can't even log in on my Epic Touch. For the past few months on my Evo, it would work, but it would take five to ten minutes to receive whatever I sent to it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Aw, is the 10c sale over? :( I would've liked to have seen more utility/productivity apps instead of a ton of games, but considering I got my tablet right before the sale started I'd say it was a good time for them to have one.

I'm hoping they'll bring it back in some form full time because of what a huge success it was.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Does anybody else's "My Library" on the market website just end partway through the list? Even though it appears that I have about twenty pages of apps, a bunch of the pages are blank and my app list stops after the M's.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Elliotw2 posted:

If you have to poke at the keyboard, Swiftkey X is great, otherwise I find Swype far smoother and easier to type on. On the other hand, if you don't have Swype already installed on your phone, you can't really get it.

The Swype Beta is open to everybody :confused:

http://beta.swype.com/android/create/

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

SpacePig posted:

I use A-Cast. There is a free version with ads, or a pay version that I can't remember how much I paid. It is very good, and very rarely gives me problems. No widget, though.

ACast has four widgets. I just don't know what they do.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I used Light Flow on my EVO 4G and it worked great, but it seems to be lacking on my Epic 4G Touch (SGS2). I can set the color (red or blue, dammit Samsung), but the option to change whether it flashes or stays solid is greyed out so I only get solid light. There's really no reason for me to use it if all I can do is set which of two colors my apps use.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

I'd try TB if I could buy the loving thing, since the free version doesn't allow freezing apps.

Why can't you? You can "donate" to the dev on his website and he'll email you a text file to put on your SD card that unlocks pro features.

I don't think I've seen you mention if you've done a hard reset.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Roundboy posted:

Sooooo far it's nice

I don't understand why they decided that sooooo needed to be in the default dictionary. I get it almost every time I try to type so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

The Downfall posted:

Is there an app where I can text from inside an application? Instead of getting a text message opening my notification box then opening my text application. I would like to just open my notification box and send a text from there. I'm new to Android so excuse me if I'm not using proper terminology.

Handcent and GO SMS have popup notifications, or you can use SMS Popup with you stock SMS app.

• Locked thread