Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Pickled Tink posted:

As a general rule, it is best to ensure that you have at least two cats. It gives them someone else to play with while you are away or busy which helps prevent them from doing thinks like destroying your stuff out of boredom/to get your attention.

Unless you already have a cat, I suggest adding a second kitten. It is not really much more work than one and it is much more rewarding. Plus it means even more adorable cat photos.

+1 vote for even more goon kitties ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Can confirm our first cat was lonely and would cry at the door whenever we left and came back, which 100% stopped once we got her a fine tuxedo gentleman to hang out with. And it truly is not much more work.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Do dogs count? I usually don't see cats socialize with dogs in the same way as each other, but even in a 1 dog 1 cat arrangement they seem to be more content being left "alone."

Injera
Jul 4, 2005

Can agree, more cats good.

His faaaaaaaace at meat for the smoker...

And bonus non black cat

Also about cat + dog, entirely anecdotal but I had a puppy that I rescued when my first cat was a young adult, the puppy barely reached up to kitty's belly when standing up. They were never super close but she always thought she was tiny despite growing into a 90lb dog and respected the hell out of kitty for the rest of her life and wanted to protect him. No pictures unfortunately, but they definitely were buddies despite kitty not wanting to admit it.

Injera fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 18, 2022

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

When the catnip hits just right...

(this is @bigfootjinx on Twitter)

Deathslinger fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 20, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jinx has potoo energy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

rye on white posted:

got a kitten today!

Judging by the blurry photo and saturation, pretty sure you've got a cryptid of some description there. If that thing walked tail-forward I wouldn't be surprised.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

I have a new friend from Florida! One of the hurricane refugees.

Her name is Commander George Shepard. She's like 2.5 months old and 2.5lbs. Full on snuggle monster vibrating machine.

So far the introductions have been going pretty well with my 6 year old boy and 14 year old lady.

Always wanted to be able to post here :kimchi:

The fuzziness of her coat reminds me of an old wizards beard :3:

Mederlock posted:

Can confirm our first cat was lonely and would cry at the door whenever we left and came back, which 100% stopped once we got her a fine tuxedo gentleman to hang out with. And it truly is not much more work.

yes but then you end up doing the n+1 thing with cattes and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah don't let people saying you should get another cat bother you at all, it's fine you are good

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I mean... Just one more. Just in case

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I just lost my black fuzzy buddy of the last 14 years. He was excellent, and I miss him terribly.

Fortunately, the Bay Area has some excellent shelters, and I am certain that there is another fantastic black kitten that needs a forever home just waiting for me.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I just lost my black fuzzy buddy of the last 14 years. He was excellent, and I miss him terribly.

Fortunately, the Bay Area has some excellent shelters, and I am certain that there is another fantastic black kitten that needs a forever home just waiting for me.

Dawww rip little dude. What was his name?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm so sorry man. Going to give quill some love.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

ILL Machina posted:

Dawww rip little dude. What was his name?

Talbot. Best cat I've ever had, in almost sixty years of being cat staff.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Talbot. Best cat I've ever had, in almost sixty years of being cat staff.

RIP Talbot, distinguished good boy.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

RIP Talbot. If only their lifespans were longer. :(

Whenever I hear about a cat passing my brain goes to Tim Kreider’s eulogy to his own cat. The last few paragraphs always get me.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I'm always reminded of ancient odes to our cat friends

https://www.openculture.com/2020/09/in-1183-a-chinese-poet-describes-being-domesticated-by-his-own-cats.html

https://www.worldhistory.org/article/466/cats-in-the-ancient-world/

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

🖤 a good good baby. He knows he was loved and was very happy in his final days.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Crocobile posted:

RIP Talbot. If only their lifespans were longer. :(

Whenever I hear about a cat passing my brain goes to Tim Kreider’s eulogy to his own cat. The last few paragraphs always get me.

quote:

I’ve speculated that people have a certain reservoir of affection that they need to express, and in the absence of any more appropriate object — a child or a lover, a parent or a friend — they will lavish that same devotion on a pug or a Manx or a cockatiel, even on something neurologically incapable of reciprocating that emotion, like a monitor lizard or a day trader or an aloe plant.

Yes, god, thank you. People don’t realize that people have a quota of affection to give every day as well as receive.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

RIP Talbot 🖤 And thank you for giving him an excellent life :unsmith:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This is Nyx. Nyx is dumb as poo poo.

https://twitter.com/shrecknet/status/1506456331380826113

I love Nyx.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
Sushi rolls

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

This is Baggy.
This is what he looks like before he tries to commit a violent sexual act to my wrist and elbow. It's been 9 years. Stop trying to gently caress my arm Baggy. Please.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

This is Baggy.
This is what he looks like before he tries to commit a violent sexual act to my wrist and elbow. It's been 9 years. Stop trying to gently caress my arm Baggy. Please.

“Hey there, lefty. Lookin’ FINE today.”

Bali would NEVER. (We miss our tiny Burmese, gone nearly ten years now, but she was the best.)

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Here is Mingus, having his mind blown the first time I turned on the floor heater vents in our new house.

I tried to get him to move but he wouldn't even look at me.

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 8, 2022

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Gangringo posted:

Here is Mingus, having his mind blown the first time I turned on the floor heater vents in our new house.

This is the most “(◉ ⌓ ◉)” expression :3:

Whale Vomit posted:

Sushi rolls

I looked through your posts and I love how round Napoleon’s ears are.

All these cuties!!

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

Pixel pusher and game maker.
You’ve never had a hug until you’ve had a Soba hug.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
They got a cat tree, they like it!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I got rid of the big cat tree because she never used it

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
I’ve been sick with the flu for the last week and a half, and through it all Pickle the Elder has barely left me alone.

You may not be so black any more, but you are the best cat I’ve ever met.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled
Been travelling for a week or two. Wondering how my Morris likes his "vacation"

Ok, at least he found something to read

.. and a place to rest. Looks good.. I hope he will forgive this cruel abandonment after some belly rubs.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Crossposting the girls being sweet for once.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
We just adopted our fourth cat, this void is named Roxanne, Roxie for short.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
had to quickly check Katya was still living here, what a beaut!

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

While cleaning I found this boy's adoption certificate and he is 16 1/2 years old. :O

Sweet Beep always has prince paws in this donut.

Jayne Doe
Jan 16, 2010
I have this exact cat bed and my cat refuses to lay even a paw on it unless absolutely necessary to retrieve a high-value treat that I left on it in an attempt to change her feelings.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

himb. Him go GOO g

oo.d. Baby

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

himb. Him go GOO g

oo.d. Baby

Ye hi.m esta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrankTheSpank
Oct 15, 2003

Sweep the leg.
This is Ivan, I do photography work sometimes and was testing out a new flash diffuser and Ivan was laying here on my coffee table watching me and I got this pic of him.

Only registered members can see post attachments!