Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
This is Alfador!

(With a shaved spot on his leg from his dental appointment.)

We picked Alfador up from a PetsMart adoption event back in 2002. He was hunkered down quietly in the back of his cage, trying not to be noticed--great strategy, little guy--and when I dug him out to hold him, he hunkered down equally quietly in my arms. We thought he was a quiet kitty.

HA HA no. After we got him home he started running around and squeaking like a lunatic. It turns out that Alfador is just one of those nervous introverted kitties and his usual reaction to stress is to hunker down in a corner and not move at all. Once he's in a comfortable, familiar situation with people that he knows, he is Owner Of All He Surveys. He's pretty smart (and also pretty dumb) and very proud (and also kind of a loony).

He is actually a little eight-pound kitty but this picture makes him look HUGE:

We call this the 'hey, so, what are you eating there' pose. He loves granola.

He is also VERY SHINY. And somewhat globular.

The ladies at the shelter were adamant that he was a real live Bombay or Bombay cross. I suspect that they'd have told us anything that would get him adopted, but still, he does kind of resemble the Bombay cats that I've seen on breed pages.

Here he is with Stiltzkin, his orange nemesis and fellow 'owned by videogame nerds' victim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Jackie posted:

This is Ned

Ned is the best cat. :3: