Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

This is Mingus. He is both agressively friendly and crazy violent to stuffed toys. He has coloration on his shoulders and back I've never seen on another cat that shifts from black to brown depending on how the light hits it. I think it makes him look like he is wearing a fancy mink coat and I am now dedicating my life to providing him fancy things to go with his fancy clothes.

stone cold killer

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

I got a harness and leash for Mingus and he took to it like a duck to water. He was a found stray kitten, found in Mingus Park in Coos Bay OR but he has been indoors only ever since. It was so nice to see him enjoying the outdoors.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Mingus showing off his bed and his sunning shelf.

According to the internet his brown coloration is a melanin deficiency. This is apparently common in the genetic mix of stray cats around where he was found. Have any of you dealt with something similar? Do any of the supplements I've seen online really work?

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 9, 2021

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

I just wanted to share that I started giving my cat a tyrosine supplement and it has made his coat much darker and healthier looking. In addition beyond just causing a black cat's coat to turn brown a Tyrosine deficiency can cause long term cognitive problems later in life.

I got this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075HBHZL3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_V0KSFWGBN3C7VG2QQNWP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

and just put one scoop of it on his food in the morning.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

InvisibleMonkey posted:

I didn’t know that was a thing! Is it something that can happen later in life? Is my brownish baby safe??

I don't think it's a serious concern, but I'm of the opinion that $13 for a tub that has already lasted me a few months and is only half empty is a worthy investment.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Soon after Mingus started blissing out so hard on getting pets that he drooled a little.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

http://imgur.com/gallery/J8w6CXJ

Mingus being ornery that I won't come close enough for him to swat me in the face

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 29, 2021

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Mingus requires appreciation

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Mingus showing off his little heart on his belly.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

About two I think. I got him secondhand, and before that he was found in a park.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Grey is just very light black.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Mingus helping make the bed.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Just spent a lot of money getting Mingus a new view.

He likes the view.

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 23, 2022

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Mingus gives the best tooth hugs.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Kimchi has never met a box she didn't want to sit in, this also extends to 2-dimensional squares for some reason.

Put a mat on a hardwood floor and a cat will sit on it. Put a board on that mat and a cat will sit on it.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Here is Mingus, having his mind blown the first time I turned on the floor heater vents in our new house.

I tried to get him to move but he wouldn't even look at me.

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 8, 2022

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Mingus enjoying the sights and sounds of the rain.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

New fosters. I currently have four black cats in my house. Nine if you include tuxedos.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

These three are from my first litter, "A" and are just hanging around while they recover from getting fixed.

These are the new batch of black in litter "B".

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

They're pretty special babies. I will update with any future voids that pass through my house of too many cats

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

I don't want to get overly attached to the fosters for obvious reasons, but they adopt better with a name. I asked chatGPT to come up with lists of baby names popular in the early 20th century that aren't popular anymore starting with the same letter. For the most part I couldn't tell you which one is named which since I don't use them day to day, they're all just fuzzy potatoes. The names are basically just a unique identifier on the adoption page.

Bertha and Bessie I do remember because Bertha is by far the largest of her siblings and Bessie is kind of mottled black and white like a cow.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

I took the new babies in for their first shots and the vaccine hit this little guy like a truck. He was fully 100% checked out of reality unable to do anything but breathe and purr.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

We just had a Panleukopenia scare in my house over the weekend. Luckily it turned out to be a false positive due to getting inoculated earlier in the week.

Very excited to get this little lady out of the house and to a new home.

Also, however soft you think that belly is, it's softer.

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

I really wish I got a less blurry picture, but it's too cute to not share.

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 14, 2023