Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Ketaaa :3:

Friendliest cat I've ever met, loves absolutely anyone that sits down and gives pets. Will also talk to anyone willing or unwilling to talk back.

Kip, sister's cat. Now huge, fat, and clumsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Good natural lighting is really your best bet. I know your pain. :(

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

superkittenhugs posted:

This makes me so mad, as do people that buy pure breed kittens. A pet is not a loving accessory, it is like adopting a child. A cat should be like a member of the family or a very close friend; do people really only cherish their loved ones because they are physically attractive?

There's nothing wrong with wanting a pretty cat, chill out. There's nothing really wrong with wanting an orange cat or a grey cat or anything either. It's just lame to go to a shelter and have unreasonably specific expectations for cat colors.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Ratzap posted:

This is Marley, he was up for homing for ages then my mother decided to stop putting up ads for him and took him over. He spends a lot of time outdoors hunting rabbits, a hangover from his time up Elvanfoot way as a stray (almost 2 years through some nasty winters before someone took pity and rang in). He's been abused at some point like most strays, he's very wary but coming round now after 3 years of continued 'nothing bad happening'

This is Lotus (warning, sad story). She was shot 4 times with an airgun aged 1, her owners got the wounds patched up but left the slugs in (her front left leg is paralysed) and worse, they didn't get her spayed. So she had 3 litters of kittens with a bad leg and she's a dinky little cat too, barely 3kg. She was handed in as her owners were having another child and didn't want more kittens appearing...
First off she was spayed, no more pumping out kittens. Plus while she was out they removed 3 of the pellets, 1 was pressing on a nerve and had to stay put. Initially she was up for homing but no-one was interested and we decided to keep her where we knew she'd be safe. Now 4 years on she's finally getting over all the trauma, she runs around playing with toys, she can climb trees and she's regained some use of her leg. She has a disconcerting habit of licking you when you stroke her and has trouble grooming fully (so she has to be brushed) but she's a sweet little cat.

What a little sweetie cat, poor thing. She's in similar size and facial porportions to my own cat. Same too-long back claws too. :3: I hope someone comes along and gives her a good home.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
She looks like a tortie but with no orange whatsoever. I've never seen that ever, it's super cute. :3: Paging color genetics expert people to this thread for some insight.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Shebrew posted:

Isn't there a goon's cat that had a similar coat and was an XXY? (Or whatever the chromosome combo is to get a tortie male) Or did I make that up?

Either way, gorgeous kitty. I recommend the name "Speckle"

Are you thinking of RazorBunny's old cat Charlie?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Go pick up those other two you know you want to~ :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

mllaneza posted:

Mr. Fluffer in a tree like a boss. He's one of those supersweet guys who will tell you it's time to pet him now.

What a cat. :3: Why yes I want to pet you.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
:laffo: That stare is incredible.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
How much pumpkin pie were you planning to make?

I miss my cat I want a cat UGH. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
My keta has that same cat toy (I guess most cats do). He LOVES IT, but not so much actually playing with it. He will a little, but his favorite thing is to go and just sit on it for an hour.