Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Once I was an orange catte person then I was a calico catte person. Now I have been shanghaied (and I use that word advisedly) by a suspiciously Asian-themed black moggy:

Her name is Mirk. She's a rescue catte, found as a stray, best guess is a year old, I got her the day after she was desexed so she was absolutely insane and bit me several times as much as she was overjoyed to have me take her home (and hated the journey on the bus). If that sounds like a uncertain start, she definitely chose me the minute she saw me, she couldn't wait to rub herself on me and after a few days at home she'd recovered enough to be a great deal more attentive, in fact rather demanding, a running commentary on everything, following me everywhere, constant demands for pats etc. I can't decide whether its a partly feral thing, an Asian cross thing, or just a young mad catte thing. She's not a social cat, I was told, and that was ok with me because I didn't want to pair her with another cat for the sake of it. So she's the queen of my little flat, Mirk the Merciless, all will love her and despair!

edit: Mister Facetious, I'm sorry about your kitty. I lost my previous cat in December and I was fortunate that I was dealing with a great vet hospital that helped me process the grief very well and after a month I felt able to move on and rescue a new kitty because that's what my kitty would have wanted for me. Please take your time with it and you'll know when you're ready.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Apparently I need to be supervised while pooping and Mirk has the perfect vantage point

although being an ADHD kitty makes her impossible to capture before she squirms off elsewhere. I will keep trying to capture a better shot, this happens daily, so I have to get lucky some time.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Is he pointing? Do cats point now?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

We discovered Mirk prefers water fresh from the tap and now no tap is safe.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Managed to get a couple more photos of Mirk when she wasn't moving all over the place. Here she is in Noot's old pre-chewed bed. Very glad she's taken to Noot's things, I'm sure Noot would approve.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dabir posted:

I've never heard of cats chewing on cardboard before. Mine is content to spend all day sleeping in it.

Noot absolutely loved eating cardboard, she did it to any piece she could find, it was pathological. Mirk only likes to rub her face on it, but she loves Noot's box. When she first came here, she hid in some of my other boxes so she likes them, just not as a snack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

that is a happy cat :3: