Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Here's our little black boi. He's a dapper young fella by the name of Niko!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Our little tuxedo boi posing with his needy sister :3:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My boi was real comfy today :3:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pics or it didn't happen

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Double sided sticky tape and aluminum foil will be your friend for a while, you gotta teach em where isn't kosher to be roaming around like the kitchen counters or your PC desk.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Unsinkabear posted:

This is my experience too. The weird little dudes are compelled to sit on rectangles

Can confirm:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can confirm our first cat was lonely and would cry at the door whenever we left and came back, which 100% stopped once we got her a fine tuxedo gentleman to hang out with. And it truly is not much more work.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

smilingfish posted:

A black kitten showed up at my door. Not the first stray I've seen in my neighborhood, but this one was extremely friendly. Ran right up to me and my wife to get pets and treats. When we opened our front door she ran right in, but our dog barked at her and she ran right out.

We put up on NextDoor that we found her, which is about the only thing NextDoor is good for besides racism. No one claimed her. We've been putting food and water and a soft place to sleep for her. She dived into the food like she hadn't eaten in days.

I'm not sure what to do if no one claims her.

You know what to do :getin:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We like our Cateco Litter box. Has a fine mesh layer that the litter sits on, and underneath you put a puppy training pad or their cut-to-shape dry pads underneath with some litter on it to catch any excess urine. The mesh gives the litter circulation beneath it, so it dries out much faster, and we use corn based Worlds Best Cat Litter in it. We have practically no litter odor issues at all with this combination, as long as you keep up with keeping the litter clear. We never have to swap out the litter, we just use a slotted litter scoop to pick out clumps and turds and change the bottom pad once a month.

A bonus feature of the mesh is the fine dust particles in the litter fall through which helps with the absorption even more, and helps our felines from breathing it in or having UTI issues from the dust.

Here's a pic of one of our turd fabricators, Niko fancied himself to be a Cultured Gentleman today with his choice of setting :wotwot:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Weezy is so gotte dang cute :frogbon:

Niko had a pretty rough day it seems. He's pouting because I put away the Da Bird wand

E: okay I just happened to catch him chillin on the other post and he's bein cute again

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 21, 2023

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This is my wife's grandma's kitty , his name is Minu. He's big and he is also a fantastic boy who will walk up to you and flop on his side for attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Abyss stares back