Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
This is my cat and best friend, Napoleon.

She found me while I was living in the mountains of Mongolia as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I was collecting a bundle of firewood for the evening when a tiny furball dashed inside. I wasn't sure if she was a mouse or whatever at the time, but when I sat down she hopped on my lap right away to say hello. I wasn't really looking to get attached to a pet at the time, but she was still a kitten then and it was hard to throw her outside where she would likely freeze to death or get eaten by dogs or birds of prey.

She made herself comfortable and right at home pretty quickly.

We live in what's called a ger:

And it was cat heaven for her. She would run around the yard, get into fights with the neighborhood cats, hang out on the roof of our house, and catch lots mice and birds.

In truth I was as lucky to find her as she was to find me. Mongolians don't really care for cats at all, and black cats are especially bad. Living alone in a small town in Mongolia was really lonely sometimes though, so it was really nice to have the company. It's also darn cold (-30F - -40F at night) so we would keep each other warm at night under the covers.

I'm so ridiculously attached to this animal for all we've been through. I'm lucky she's still with me. I had a cousin of a Mongolian friend bring her to the capital city when I couldn't come get her myself, and she survived a really, really tough ordeal. She could have easily died of thirst or heat exhaustion because of other people's carelessness. I still have pangs of guilt when I think about it.

Now she's living the easy life with me in the capital city, Ulaanbaatar, as I'm now a reporter corresponding from there. She's strictly an in-door, apartment cat, and she's gained a bit of weight for it, but she's still a really cool and fun animal.

(living the good life)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting
Over exposed glamor shot of Napoleon

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting
Those photos are awesome, Robert Denny.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting
You might want to get your cat looked at by a vet about the drool. It might be a symptom of an issue.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting
Not my cat, but this guy is awesome

https://instagram.com/tussetroll_and_tingeling?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1amv52fq7mofs

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting

Pixelante posted:

If black & white counts, here's Ethics back when he was the tiniest of boops.

Good name!

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting
Our new little girl is named Loki and it's a fitting name because she's a little jerk.

She roars

She derps

And she bullies her big sister (though, here they look like koi fish in a pond)

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting
Happy belated black cat appreciation

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting
Sushi rolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

its guts are carpeting

Crocobile posted:

I looked through your posts and I love how round Napoleon’s ears are.

Thanks, I'll let her know!