Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Snowflake's first vet trip.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
He's gotten a little bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbf8uVEibVo

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Even bigger, even weirder. Sometimes he just sits in the sink, confused by the water running off to the side while it deflects off his ear. He's so glossy it just slides off him. He's about 5 months old, I think. He's an rear end in a top hat but I deserve it for naming him Snowflake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ls6xjszM30

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

This is from a couple months ago. He's a lot bigger now, with 100% less ringworm, but his tail is still rather long compared to the rest of him. He's also an idiot and I had to take him back to the vet after he got the handle end of a toy all the way down his oesophagus. So that brings the count to: respiratory virus, conjunctivitis, ringworm, poisoning and kidney failure, and irritated oesophagus--and bouncing back every time. I'm still struggling with his aggression, though. The ringworm kept him separate from my senior cat long enough for him to catch up to her in size, and he flying tackles her to the ground every chance he gets. He's about five months old now. May need an exorcist more than a vet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilMB5eh2pXw

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOpzhUnJyI

No longer the size of a Clif Bar. This was his last hurrah before getting neutered the next day. I put a sticky on his carrier that said, "I'm a jerk who bites really hard!" to warn the vet staff, since he's broken the skin on a vet in the past. He was one of five neuters that day, and the staff said he was the most cuddly, lovely, gentle sweetheart of the lot, and the only one that didn't bite. Of course, as soon as I let him out the carrier, he was high as a kite and tried to murder my foot. Sorry 'bout the portrait view. I forgot to turn the phone.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

kreyla posted:

Please help me name my glorious black kitty.

I named her Valenki for the vet registration, but I just call her Kitty all the time. Three syllables is too long a name for a small cat. Maybe something short like Nip or Perk. She loves looking at water and enjoys whipped cream and toast. She taught herself how to play fetch and is very talkative. BEST CAT

Valenki is such a pretty name, though. I'd probably end up calling her Ki.

I have no regrets over Snowflake's name but I did feel pretty stupid yelling for snow in the pouring rain on my porch when he got out and burrowed into my rose bushes like the rear end in a top hat cat he is.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Sammo digs way too much in the litter and comes out like this every time, ideas to change that? It's a 3x1.5ft closed top box, using World's Best multi-cat lavender litter. When they were at the rescuer's home they were using the pine pellet stuff.

Snowflake does this too. (He also spins around in the litter box like a chinchilla taking a sand-bath which is super gross.) I think it might be a World's Best thing. I'm using roughly 50/50 blend of World's Best and Feline Fresh Pine Litter. I have three litter boxes going right now and none of them are more than an inch deep. They get scooped a couple times a day.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Snowflake asserting that he's still a tiny adorable kitten.

He tries to take down my older cat like she's a gazelle on the Serengeti, he's chewed through two USB cables, shredded four art projects, and eaten through the bottom inch of my flipchart paper. I can't brush my teeth without first removing him from the sink, and he bites pretty hard when he's wound up. My feet are covered in scratches from ambushes. On the other hand, he jumped in the bathtub last night without realizing it was full, and got a quarter of a bagel stuck on his claws while trying to lick the butter off this morning. He also loves hugs.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Back in the innocent days....

He still likes this spot, though.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Snowflake eats books, art projects, and wet food but only if it is for Sari and only if she wants it. He also hugs with his teeth. He steals post-its off my desk and shreds them into confetti under my bed when I'm trying to sleep.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 23, 2016

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

This is basically me in on-campus classes. MY EYES ARE OPEN IT COUNTS AS AWAKE.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

The new door-attached tower has put an end to the era of anything else on that wall. He also does a great lawn-dart impression from there to the bed at 3am.

This was the picture I took before dropping the phone so I could catch the ornament.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Fits in mouth? Gonna bite it. Doesn't fit in mouth? Gonna bite it anyway.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpLWgmNl3_8

Snowflake hasn't had catnip in a year or so, and it hit him pretty hard.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Snowflake is a weird, wonderful cat.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

If black & white counts, here's Ethics back when he was the tiniest of boops.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

legendaryRev posted:

Heck yeah, tuxedo cats rule too! When my parent’s last cat died, I was reading this thread for the first time. When mom got over the grieving, I insisted that we got a black cat from a shelter. Lo and behold, they were doing a clear the shelter on Memorial Day weekend, adoptions were half off, black cats were half of that. So now she’s got Sylvester, the discount monster.

Almost a match for my Ethics.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Ethics really likes my cube shelving, especially the bin I keep my pajamas in.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Ethics is bad at boxes.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Beach Bum posted:

Naming a cat "Ethics", wow. That's like, I dunno, calling your bicycle a boat :v: I love it

He's black and white, like ethics aren't.

My black cat is named Snowflake.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Very serious box.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

I GOT THE KITTY.

I’m thinking of one of two names, either Spooky or Pepper.

Congrats on your new furry void.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

The boys are finally starting to share the couch for naps, but nary a whisker shall touch.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Ethics fell asleep in a much-too-small box while listening to a webinar on tax law. Zzzzz...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Ethics and Snowflake really like to keep me company.