Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy
Awww, black kitties are the best kitties.

This is Frank (AKA Black Francis, Frank Black, Franklin Delano Kittievelt, Frankie Baby, Francisco, and Francie):

Frank also likes the appropriate neckwear

He's the only one of our cats that I've been able to teach a consistent trick

Here's baby Frank, black kittens are so freaking adorable

This is him when he was sleek and sexy (and not a fatty fat fat like he is now... but we're down about 5 lbs, so GO FRANK!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

HELLHOUND posted:

Marshmallard/Nione: Where can cat ties like those!? Yr cats are so dashing and handsome!!!

Frank's bowtie was on clearance at Target a few years ago. Most pet stores should have some.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy
I work at a pet store and we have a store greeter whose name is Kramer.

Kramer is a very adorable store greeter, he gets along well with all the customers, with the occasional lapse in friendliness when it's a big, manic, crazy dog. He's also very good at field testing all the merchandise.

Earlier this year, Kramer escaped. A deliveryman left our front door open and he skedaddled to the bar next door, snuck into their vacant storage building, got under some floorboards and hung out for about 5 days while the entire city was on alert in search of him. It was scary and very irresponsible for a 19 year old gentleman to worry everyone like that.

He was found, rescued, bathed, and returned to his store where he serves as a constant reminder of just how bad drugs can be.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

Apidae posted:

Dio's former owner was adamant about her being some super special breed because she's brownish in bright sunlight and she uses her paws to manipulate things. Whether she is or not, she's still a lovely cat.

All black cats are lovely cats. Unfortunately for Dio's former owner, they're also all usually brownish in bright sunlight, at least in my experience. (I'd love for someone who knows more about cat coats to come in here and correct me on that!)

In other news, here's Kramer modeling the Halloween costume I purchased today to take home to my own kitties.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

slinkimalinki posted:

I feel like a Bad Parent because of my Tomoki's overgrooming. Although part of it is because she's so small that there's a lot less of her to lick fur off, so the bald spot covers proportionately more cat. It does stand out embarrassingly on black cats, though.

Yeah, Frank has psychogenic alopecia (yes, confirmed by vet) so I'm constantly having to explain to guests that he licks himself too much, there's nothing wrong with him. It comes and goes with him, anything really stressful sets him off. We just moved and he's just been going to town on his back legs. Lots of people have been stopping by to see the new place and here we are with our mangy half-Sphinx. I wonder if it's more common in black cats for some reason since there seem to be so many of them in this thread.