Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
This is Po. She likes rolling around in money. I told her that she should hold out for benjamins, but she didn't listen.

This is what she looks like normally, in a state of surprise/confusion:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Well done! At only 8 weeks she's already mastered the :catstare:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Wildebeest posted:

Here is her as a young African American:

You must have a strong willpower to resist giving a kitty with that face whatever she wants and then some :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Robo Kitty posted:

The big Guide to Housecat Coat Colors and Patterns pdf has a "brindled bicolor" under the "Freak patterns, Seen in a very few cases, usually due to chance mutation" section. It describes the pattern as a "Tortoiseshell pattern where the patches that should be red are white, as if the red pigment couldn't be produced." In other words, it seems like some kind of genetic mutation that completely turned off the red pigment production. (Makes sense, given that white color is actually the suppression of the expression of a color gene.)

In other words, that is a very unusual, very special cat. :3: And very cute too.

Isn't there a goon's cat that had a similar coat and was an XXY? (Or whatever the chromosome combo is to get a tortie male) Or did I make that up?

Either way, gorgeous kitty. I recommend the name "Speckle"

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Kerfuffle posted:

Are you thinking of RazorBunny's old cat Charlie?

I think that was it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Danith posted:

My old cats used to have those, they are like extra sensitive hairs. Just hold it between your fingers and watch that area of the cat twitch (don't do it for long though, cats get annoyed)

edit: oh, thats on her leg. My cats had them on their back and side and if you held the hair they would twitch. Disclaimer - If you do this, your cat may get angry and kill you

:aaaaa: I never noticed it until now, but my cat has one on her backside! Poking it even gently makes her all twitchy, and if I do it too long I get whapped and/or bitten. That's fascinating! Is there a reason why that hair exists, or why it's white?