Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I'd like to get back up to 190 or higher. Last year during the season my 2nd kid was born so I went to every other week. It was very hard to be consistent, and I couldn't keep it above 180. I also have a new ball (Columbia Freeze) that I'm pretty excited about using.

Side note - I'm new to the thread, hello!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
So I hurt my hand last night and I'm pretty bummed out about it. 2nd week of my league, 5th frame of the very first game. Immediately upon release I get a sharp shooting pain from the tip of my ring finger all the way to my elbow down my inner arm. Thinking maybe it was a fluke, I went again and it hurt even worse. gently caress.

I took my ball to the pro shop and the guy said that my fingers were going into the grips at the wrong angle. He took them out and adjusted them as much as he could and sent me on my way. Either way I spent the rest of the evening pretty much dropping the ball to finish out the night.

Today the tendon between my ring finger & wrist is swollen and the skin is slightly bruised. I'm afraid I'll have to see a doc in the next couple days if it doesn't get better.

What's weird is this happened without warning, and I was just finding my stride with my new ball.

Tl;dr - make sure your ball is drilled 100% correctly I guess.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I was getting the exact same thing. Putting in a good amount of stretching beforehand has helped significantly.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Scarf posted:

I'm wanting to get away from skid/flip for a while, so I got a DV8 Outcast, getting it drilled this week. They've been advertising it as an "entry-level" ball but after seeing it in action from our pro-shop guy and a regional pro who bowls with us... this thing is pretty loving strong and carries like a ball that costs a lot more.

My Columbia Freeze is also advertised as entry-level and that thing carries like a sonofabitch. I'm finally getting a hang of it and things are really starting to look up.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I shot my first 700! I've been struggling to get a hold of my Freeze - I hadn't even shot a 600 yet this year. I started OK with a rocky 195, and then from the 2nd game I could do no wrong, getting a 279 and a 234 (I opened in the 10th, goddamn 7 pin). Either way I was happy in the end.

Now I can't wait til next week and see if maybe I've actually found my stride with the ball.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
So this year I switched from Monday nights to Friday nights, and it seems the lanes are much drier on Fridays. I struggled to find the sweet spot last night, until the end of the 3rd game - I started with a spare, 3 opens, and then finished off with 8 strikes for a 220. Got me enough to bowl 6 pins over average for the night.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I finished the season with a lifetime high 199.9, from 185 at the start of the season. The very last week I needed a 635 to bring my average up to 200 (which I've never averaged.. yet), and things were looking good after the first two games (2nd game was a 278) and then I pulled the mother of all chokes. I couldn't get it together in the 3rd game and ended up with a 160. Missed it by 8 pins.

Oh well, looks like I have a goal for next year!

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
So, 5 years after getting back into bowling, I achieved and sustained a 200 average for the first time in my life. Ended the season with a 204 so I'm pretty happy about that. Even cooler, my anchor man - a guy in his mid 50's, got a 300 in the very last game of the season with his Hammer that he's been using since 1991 :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
That figures. Our league standings have been very tight all year. A few weeks ago one of our better guys (and the youngest), was our anchor for the week and left a 2-10 in the 10th frame of the last game. The game was already lost, but if he got one pin we would have hit our team average and gotten a point. Our captain told him to just get one and get that valuable point. "I'm gonna pick it up" he says. Misses it completely, and he gets a lot of poo poo from our captain.

Fast forward to now - final league standings are out, and we tied for 3rd. Now we gotta split that prize money.

• Locked thread