Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

What's the best resource for getting up to speed on modern approach techniques without being drowned in drilling minutiae? I just got my first ball ever drilled fingertip after a lifetime of playing house balls once every 6-8 months with a three step approach and may be somewhat lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

After watching the PBA Scorpion championship it looks like just about anything goes if you can train it to consistency.

:wtc: Brandon Novak

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Well I'm also a lefty (that's bad too?). I'm not at a point where I'll get my own ball at the moment so I guess I'll have to start bowling without my thumb in a hole. Know of any resources I can check out before the next time so I might make less of a fool out of myself until I readjust?

If you bowl, at all, ever, it's worth it to get your own ball. I finally took the plunge saturday and went six games in a row, alone, with no discomfort beyond some next day muscle soreness. Usually I'd be thinking about cutting my arm off at the shoulder after 2 or 3 with breaks for other people to have their turns. It was entirely a comfort/quality of life decision for me instead of performance.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I rolled a game last weekend where every single frame was 9 - open.

This is Hell.

• Locked thread