Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Blazblue mechanics eh? so much for this game being better than Hokuto.

Nah but seriously I hope its at least as good as Hokuto that'd be sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Grimace posted:

Crossing my fingers for Maya, Tatsuya, and Yukari to be added as additional characters. poo poo, add in Maki Sonomura too. There's a lot of potential for P1/P2/P3 characters to be added.

I'm hoping for Baofu, Katsuya, Ulala and maybe Elly. I know P1 and 2 aren't nearly as popular as 3 and 4 but I can always hope!

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

FuriousGeorge posted:

So what are the chances of this getting localized with the English voice actors? I like the idea of a P4 fighting game, but I don't know how excited I can get if I can't hear Kanji yell "Get bent!" while smashing a guy with a folding chair.

Aha! Is this my chance?

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

LightningKimba posted:

Tentarafoo: It is unblockable and causes "panic status", which reverses the opponent's left and right controls. (QCF + C or D)

Welp, there's the online trolling move.

Assumethisisreal
May 21, 2007

Eggn0g posted:

Welp, there's the online trolling move.

My interest in this game just dropped dramatically.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I'm just going to go out and make a guess that Tentarafoo's going to be balanced in the way that it still uses SP, and that really, Yosuke's whole deal is being fast and having "tricky" moves. His damage output would probably be low, so he's reliant on avoiding getting hit.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I wasn't complaining there. I think it'll be loving hilarious. i'm assuming it'll have a slow startup, preventing it from being used on anyone who isnt being overly defensive.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Outside of the last two cast members, I really just want to see Yukiko's damage potential once she has some Fire Boost/Amp strings going. Death by fire, every round.

vv EDIT: Gotcha covered on that front.

LightningKimba fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 1, 2011

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Probably worth noting that the character nicknames are all dumb ones Teddie gave them and not ones they made up on their own.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited

Assumethisisreal posted:

My interest in this game just dropped dramatically.

MODOK in Marvel vs Capcom 3 has a move that does exactly this and MODOK is far from being overused or extremely difficult to fight. I'm sure it'll be balanced well and it won't be so much of a pain the rear end to fight against.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
This game gonna own can't wait to try out Naoto and shoot some poo poo while shooting some poo poo, hype as hell let's go!!

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

LightningKimba posted:

Another part of the game will also explain how Aigis from Persona 3 arrives in Inaba

Unless there's plot stuff in the latter half of The Answer that would kill her or something, couldn't she just take the train?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Spiffo posted:

Unless there's plot stuff in the latter half of The Answer that would kill her or something, couldn't she just take the train?

Well maybe we just went from The Journey to The Answer now to The Question: Why did Aigis take that train over to Inaba?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
She doesn't even need to take a train, she just has to walk into the TV. Or fall in by accident.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

LightningKimba posted:

Well maybe we just went from The Journey to The Answer now to The Question: Why did Aigis take that train over to Inaba?

She heard how popular Yu is and since popularity leads to intimacy she just had to find out for herself.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
I just bought an eightarc stick and can't wait for this game. Will be awesome.

Thought I hope that they add more persona 3 characters in it. I would love a 3 vs 4 battle. Rise vs Fuuka, Yoskue vs Junpei, Yukiko vs Mitsuru, the list goes on.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
No Yukaris No Buys

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Bit of old news, but apparently, Naoto can cast Mute status with her bullets, so... She might be a little similar to Hawkeye in utility.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Siliconera: Akihiko Sanada and Mitsuro Kirijo are the final 2 cast members

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

And then... There was Akihiko and Mitsuru. The official site also has three unknown icons left in its Twitter page, which means... We're missin' one last character for the game, though it'll probably be an NPC or somethin'.

EDIT: Beaten.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Goddamn it! This is awesome yet now it makes me want to see an all cast persona 3 vs 4 even more.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

So I thought the game was pretty lame looking, and then they had to go and take the two best P3 characters and put them in it.

drat it, Atlus.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

zarron posted:

Goddamn it! This is awesome yet now it makes me want to see an all cast persona 3 vs 4 even more.

It's an Ark System Works game, so I'm sure there'll be a #Reshuffle or something like that :v:

I won't be surprised if they try to sneak P3MC in as a final boss/unlockable/dlc character at this point.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:
And here's the scan.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

e: f,b

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Mitsuru has a 50% chance of using Marin Karin whenever you try to do any of her specials.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Momomo posted:

So I thought the game was pretty lame looking, and then they had to go and take the two best P3 characters and put them in it.

drat it, Atlus.

The two best? You spell Junpei wrong. :colbert:

Still, so loving pumped for this game.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

Here's some bigger scans...

Looks like they still have their Evokers... And does Akihiko have a knife? Where did those scars come from? I'm pretty okay with these new costumes after seeing them in better quality.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I... Guess Akihiko went out on some training camp at the end of FES? I have no idea. Diggin' Mitsuru's cape though, looks awesome.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

glod posted:

Looks like they still have their Evokers... And does Akihiko have a knife?

Maybe Koro died and he carries it in his memory? :smith:

a glitch fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 17, 2011

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The scar is from when Akihiko gets attacked by the giant Shadow that appears at the start of P3.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

-Troika- posted:

The scar is from when Akihiko gets attacked by the giant Shadow that appears at the start of P3.

That's a heck of an attention to detail if that's true. I'm so pumped. It looks like he has a cape as well, or at least a jacket wrapped around him.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

-Troika- posted:

Gotta go with PunkBoy, I honestly did not recall that. And there's no way Koromaru died, he's totally bros with Junpei. ... Wherever he is.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

LightningKimba posted:

I... Guess Akihiko went out on some training camp at the end of FES? I have no idea. Diggin' Mitsuru's cape though, looks awesome.

Well once his Persona evolved he was about nothing but training (even if it seemed like negative character development...), so I think it's in line with that. Also, the reason you guys might not remember him getting wounded is because they never really told you what happened, just that he got hurt from the shadow.

Mitsy's looking pretty good. I figure since Chie and Kanji aren't really element inspired, these two will take the Ice and Elec roles. Being able to harm Yosuke in even more ways is worth it.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

Honestly I can't imagine Akihiko using magic that much, I was thinking of him as a sort of rushdown character whose main focus is punching you in the face. Mitsuru though definitely.

edit: also, from the MegaTen thread:

Axle_Stukov posted:

Some bigger screenshots of Akihiko and Mitsuru. Mitsuru has learned how to use something other then Marin Karin, kidding aside the Bufudyne looks like it hurts alot judging by how much of Yukiko's health is red. Akihiko though... take that cape off, it looks ridiculous on you.

heartcatcher fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 17, 2011

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
At least he's not a cop in this one.

Mitsuru's spec-ops suit though! :swoon: She's basically Megaten's Tony Stark at this point.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Vengarr posted:

Mitsuru's spec-ops suit though! :swoon: She's basically Megaten's Tony Stark at this point.

So THAT'S why she uses Marin Karin so much, I see how it is. Just from the screenshots, she'll probably give Jin Kisaragi a run for his money with her ice skills.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I wonder if this game will be canon since they seem to have an older Mitsuru and Akihiko. Hoping for more characters down the line if the game does well.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

MC only isn't in the game because he's so awesome that he was the obvious choice for DLC content, right? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LightningKimba posted:

Goddamn Naoto that gun is too big for you. Stop that you look ridiculous, you're like 5-zilch and 90 pounds, it's a miracle you can even use your revolvers.

Also, Mitsuru and Akihiko look awesome. No idea why they both have capes though.

• Locked thread