Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

zarron posted:

Goddamn it! This is awesome yet now it makes me want to see an all cast persona 3 vs 4 even more.

It's an Ark System Works game, so I'm sure there'll be a #Reshuffle or something like that :v:

I won't be surprised if they try to sneak P3MC in as a final boss/unlockable/dlc character at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ChibiSoma posted:

Jump and hit A-Y-A-Y-B, yeah that's just shy of completely loving impossible. Been trying for over five minutes and I haven't gotten past the second hit one god drat time. Oh wait, that's because by that time you loving land!

Nope.

Press up again after that first Y.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

The Grimace posted:

Are there any tips for playing as Naoto? She seems decent enough to control- I like her speed, and her ranged attacks are nice, but I'm terrible at landing Hamaon and Mudoon, so those are pretty much a waste of SP for me.

I'm having so much trouble trying to learn her, but if you can land a throw, use the C follow up and quickly use Mudoon if you want the instant kill.

I'm slaving my way through her challenges right now and it's a nightmare. I never really learned how to IAD before now and it's biting me pretty bad.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Veev posted:

If you press diagonal up twice it will do an instant airdash for you. It's really helpful for the combos you need to jump cancel and dash at the same time.

poo poo, that's a lot easier than pressing diagonal then dashing forward. Maybe now I could actually use that combo outside of challenge mode, thanks!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

The Grimace posted:

Is there anywhere online offering the sprites for each character? I'd like to do some fan stuff, but I'd really like to copy the color schemes to the mark.

http://mayonakamidnight.com/showthread.php?1687-Persona-4-Arena-Sprite-Rips

I think I'm giving up on Naoto for the moment, after going 0/15, it's really not worth it for my sanity. So many close fights, god drat my inability to see autocombos coming :arghfist::(

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

axleblaze posted:

I like it too. I reminds me of Slayer who also had a bored "I lost this match fair and square but it didn't actually hurt me" knock down pose.

Rachel from Blazblue does the same, an intrigued god-like character is a trademark of Aksys ARC SYSTEM WORKS it seems.

Dj Meow Mix fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 13, 2012

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Junpei is a janitor and Yukari looks like a toku character. Nice. Also looks like there's room for 2 more characters up there. I know my dreams for P3 FeMC are probably not going to work out, but I'd love a remix of Wiping All Out.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Golden Arena mode looks like an expanded Abyss mode from Blazblue, which is pretty cool.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Cleretic posted:

I spy a Theodore.

Not the certain someone I expected but hey FeMC could be possible!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Excels posted:

So who are your mains and how good are you at playing them?

I want to say Aigis is my main but I really suck with her so I end up using a high-tier character like Chie just to have a chance of winning

Naoto, then they hosed up SMP so I dropped the game like a rock for BB again. P4A2 is looking better for me at least.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

S-Alpha posted:

Eh, it's kind of mandatory if you're planning on bringing a setup to a tournament/casuals, or want to use training mode to grind out parts of the matchup that give you trouble, or any other number of reasons. You can't just bank on "Well, maybe nobody will use her".

whoosh

I'm not exactly thrilled about that announcement but whatever, more characters oh boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Beef Waifu posted:

The best thing about this is Minazuki's loving death glare compared to all of the shadows mugging.

STeddie's death glare is still more powerful, good lord.

• Locked thread