Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Huh, another "main character". Let's see, Elizabeth has shown up and brought Thanatos. Another "main character". I know where this is going and I don't like it.

Margaret, perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

So does anyone have any advice on how to break a compulsive button mashing habit? I just got done with a quick run through Challenge mode, and once it gets into the segments where actual combos are involved, I just seem to reflexively press the same button multiple times in a row when it's not called for in the combo.

Like for example, part of the combo would be:

Jump + A
Crouch + B

Or something like that. I'll jump, hit A, then immediately hit A again without thinking before landing and crouching to hit B. Anyone have any advice for breaking myself out of that?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Just played through Arcade mode for the first time with Yuu. Does that cliffhanger ending of his get resolved if I play through Arcade with everyone else, or do I have to play Story Mode for that?

Also, I forgot how terrible the XBox 360 controller is for fighting games. I've really got to invest in a fight stick one of these days.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Still working my way through Arcade mode with all the characters to get a feel for them.

Please, please tell me that Naoto doesn't have a lot of fights in her Story mode, because good God I suck at remembering to cancel the drat Aim stance. :negative:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Just finished up Arcade mode with Elizabeth and good lord Yu was a freaking monster in the sixth round. I just could not deal with his goddamn sliding around. And then even when I managed to push him low enough to Awaken he suddenly started spamming Ziodynes like they were going out of style. I don't know how many time I had to retry that goddamn fight, I just know I never want to go against Yuu as Elizabeth online... :negative:

Mitsuru in Round 7 and Shadow Labrys is Round 8 were a freaking walk in the park by comparison (to the point where I actually managed to score a Perfect Instant Kill round 2 against S. Labrys).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Speedball posted:

The spy catsuit with mink coat I get, but why does Akihiko decide to dress up like Tetsuo from Akira?

Let's be honest here. Akihiko only really cares about two things: eating meat and punching poo poo. We should feel relieved that he's even remembered to put on pants.

(Also, I like how even in Arcade mode, he gets called out on how he's dressed, especially by Rise at the end.)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Started Story Mode last night before bed, got all the way to Yu's cliffhanger, and now I'm torn between either seeing everyone else's story modes, or just tearing through the minimal stories I need to get through Labrys's story so I can finish Yu's.

Oh, and I'm also up for getting my rear end kicked by any goons who are bored on the 360 version of the game. GT: Lone Wolf 047, and I just tried to add the metatag.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Been playing through Story Mode. Got to Yu's cliffhanger last night, then spent today working my way through Teddie and Aigis so that I could unlock Labrys and finish off Yu's.

Holy poo poo, Labrys's Story Mode is the most :negative: :smithicide: thing ever.

On a more lighthearted note, regarding silly titles, unfortunately the best I can come up with the words I have available is Pulse Pounding Devil Summoner Ms. Toriumi. I need to play more online.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

They seem to just unlock as you do whatever. I spent a few hours in story mode and unlocked a ton, but 20 matches online only got a few

Yeah, I've been doing Story Mode all day and hadn't unlocked anything. I just now got done playing and watching some matches online (I even managed to win one! :woop:) and unlocked a whole bunch of words.

I'm now an Up-and-Coming Tsundere Devil Summoner.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

The Grimace posted:

WOW. I've been playing the game in Story and Arcade mode on Easy to get the hang of things, and I'm only just now actually starting to do well on that difficulty setting- but then I went to try Score Attack, which apparently isn't linked to the difficulty setting. I can barely even get one hit in on the enemy. :negative: There goes all of that self confidence I built up.

Don't feel too bad. Basically, Score Attack is to the rest of P4 Arena as Shin Megami Tensei games are to other JRPGs. It's designed to be soul-crushingly difficult.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

randombattle posted:

Let's also not forget that the bad guys weren't transforming into anyone or anything like Nyarl has done before. It seem to straight up be just an illusion like putting a piece of paper over a tv screen. If Nyarl could just show up and look like someone there wouldn't be a need for Laybris' ability to make illusions.

So I take it you haven't finished Aigis's Story Mode yet? Because the Malevolent Entity flat-out transforms into a Shadow version of Aigis, complete with copying all her moves and her Persona for the final battle of her Story mode. Mind you, this is after Labrys has obtained her Persona and been rendered unconscious, so it can't be relying on her illusion powers to be doing this. And creating Shadow Self duplicates of the protagonists to attack them was part of Nyarlathotep's M.O. back in Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I'm totally up for getting my poo poo wrecked in a 360 tourney on Friday night. GT: Lone Wolf 047. Saturday night's no good since I gotta work Sunday morning.

(People at work have asked me why I always say "hello" instead of "good morning." I maintain that any morning where you're obligated to rise before the sun is never a "good" morning.) :colbert:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kuai posted:

So how exactly hard is Score Attack mode to unlock Navigators? I tried with Yu and got my rear end handed to me by permanent speed up mode Yosuke. Don't force me to plop down 3 bucks for Nanako navigator atlus :negative:.

That's odd. GameFAQs used to have a list of conditions besides just "Clear Score Attack with [character]" for unlocking the other navigators. I think Nanako's was "Play 50 hours worth of matches" or something along those lines.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Elephunk posted:

I wish I knew the real way to unlock Yosuke... no way is that 1000 IKs right...

According to GameFAQs:

Aigis Complete Score Attack with Aigis, Labrys, Mitsuru
Fuuka Complete Score Attack with Yukiko, Akihiko, Kanji
Nanako Complete Score Attack with Yu, Elizabeth, Naoto, Shadow Labrys.
Yosuke Complete Score Attack with Yosuke, Chie, Teddie

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

TheLoser posted:

Is there a preferred order of going through everyone's story modes? I'm thinking of starting with Yu.

The way Story Mode is set up, at the beginning only Yu, Yosuke, Yukiko, and Chie are available. Pick one, and play it as far as you can. You'll eventually hit a cliffhanger on that character's story, at which point you'll have to stop and do someone else's. Getting to the cliffhanger on at least one of the initial four stories unlocks Kanji and Teddie.

Get a second character to their cliffhanger to unlock Naoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Aigis. Then get one of those four to their cliffhanger to unlock Labrys's story. She doesn't have a cliffhanger, and once you've cleared her story mode, you can clear everyone else's stories past the cliffhangers. Once you've full-cleared Labrys, a Persona 4 character, and a Persona 3 character, you'll unlock Elizabeth's story.

Once you've full-cleared everyone's stories, you'll unlock Teddie as a Navigator for versus and online; you don't need to get 100% story completion, you just need to get a full-clear with each character.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I'm still a bit confused as to why Mitsuru is the only charge character in the game. It just seems weird to me to have only one.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I was under the impression that it's two guys though. One is the guy who most of the P4 cast encounters when Labrys gets hacked and has the robot voice, the other is what I think is Nyarlathotep with the fake shadow versions of Naoto and the P3 Cast and sending Labrys to attack them.

I mean, it's quite possible it's just Nyarlathotep, but someone had to put together the hijacking at the start and I believe that Nyarls wouldn't have had the robot voice had he possessed Labrys directly, so there's obviously another dude working with him that's human.

Yeah, this is right. I also vaguely remember Unknown Entity/Nyarlathotep even mentioning in some of the story modes how annoying it is that he's currently forced to work with the person/people? who hacked Labrys at the end of the Investigation Team's story modes.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Doyagao posted:

The characters I know the best are:
Chie, Yousuke, Kuma, Labrys, Sanada, Narukami and Yukiko. I know some stuff for most of the other cast too, but don't know the characters thoroughly enough to write up a complete guide to their basics

I'd like to see Akihiko, Yukiko, Labrys, in that order of preference.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

Busy hyping the Devil Survivor anime adaptation, then SMT IV, then SMT x Fire Emblem.

Don't forget about the 3DS Soul Hackers remake!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

dj_de posted:

More importantly

New boss character?

Oh yes. Oh very yes. Please let this be real. :stare:

Edit: VVV I should have known better than to get my hopes up. :negative:

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 28, 2013

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

God drat that's creepy-looking. :suspense:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Someone uploaded a video showing off some of the palettes for Yukari, Junpei, and Sho, along with their skills, and the IK attacks for Yukari and Junpei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5Zgqj9JgU

Junpei's IK is pretty crazy.

Sounds like they changed the IK music from "Fog" to "Time to Make History"... hope that gets reverted or the home version allows you to set which track you want for the IKs instead.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Chidori doesn't have a Persona anymore; her Persona merged with Junpei's to upgrade Hermes into Trismegistus in the scene where she dies. And if you consider her reviving in FES/P3P to be canon, they mention in those scenes that she no longer seems to have her Persona ability or any memories related to the Dark Hour.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Oh nice. So I guess her Instant Kill is Morning Star then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

You know what would be the best possible ending to this whole "bring back P3MC" thing the fans are clamoring for?

Elizabeth and the rest of the P3 and P4 crew succeed. They finally find a way to destroy Erebus for good and manage to release P3MC from the burden of being the Great Seal. At which point he thanks them, smiles... and fades away into the Sea of Souls, because he already sacrificed his life and you can't bring back the dead.

And then drive the point home by having Adachi make fun of any of the cast who are like, "No! Why?! :qq:"

• Locked thread