Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm mostly playing Kanji right now, and I'm pretty terrible. PS3 goons, add me if you want. My PSN name is MrAristocrates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm really having trouble with one of Kanji's challenges because it requires me to use One More, which I find near-impossible on a controller.

Groghammer posted:

Map One More to one of the shoulder buttons.

:hurr:

I knew I should have screwed around with that stuff.

Arist fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 17, 2012

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

darealkooky posted:

Hey pad warriors, here's my cool as heck button layout:

Face Buttons: whatever you want
L1/Button: grab
L2/Trigger: furious action
R1/Button: one more cancel (this does the rolling dash thingy if you arent hitting them)
R2/Trigger: burst

Nice. But what about L3/R3?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxxidation posted:

Is there a reliable way to get past Elizabeth beamspam? I'm playing as Yu, and can always get in after a little bit because rushdown is kind of his thing, but I always wind up taking a few hits in the meantime.

You think it's bad as Yu? Try Kanji. Anytime I beat an Elizabeth player they beamspam for the rest of the next round because they know I don't have the speed to get out of it easily.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxxidation posted:

Can't Kanji's own Persona bring down lightning from all the way across the screen?

The range is slightly less than fullscreen, and it takes a tiny bit longer to set up. It's really good against characters like Naoto or Aigis, but does nothing against Maziodyne spam.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Brett824 posted:

How do I move around as Kanji? I want to pick him up and he doesn't seem too difficult to learn, but his movement feels really awkward and slow to me so I can't really get around the screen.

There are two basic ways. Dash through projectiles (it takes a lot of practice) or use his diving grab. (214A/B). It took me forever to realize he could even run because it's so awkward.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Static Rook posted:

Sorry I only got to play a couple matches. My PS3 exploded when Chicken and I had a match, then reset 3 times for some reason, then Real Life poo poo popped up so I had to stop anyway. My PS3 is okay, so I look forward to some more games. My Kanji obviously needs work!

I am not a good Kanji yet but I generally move with a Roll or air dash. You don't want to use air 214A/B to move because you're so vulnerable on the landing.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. If you're really that caught, get to fullscreen and use the A+B version.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SA_Spiffo (plays Yukiko)
Fumaofthelake (plays Elizabeth)
RevolverChicken7 (plays Yosuke)
Static_Rook (plays Kanji)
cveachmartin (plays Yukiko?)
Cake__Attack (plays Labrys/Yu)
Drinkmorewater (plays Random)
FreyaXI (hasn't unwrapped game yet)
purgatos (plays Elizabeth/Labrys)
Dezinus (plays jobs)
LawnGnomeAttack (plays Kanji/Chie)
MangaCarta (plays one (1) Labrys combo)
SA_Pause (plays Yukiko)
DarkHamsterlord (plays Smash Bros)
sidereal89 (plays Mitsuru)
Zexerous (plays Chie)
SA_DIZZ (Plays Teddie)
NeoDrazko (Plays Yukiko/Naoto)
MrAristocrates (Plays Kanji)

There's mine added.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Drazko posted:

Ok I sent friend requests to everyone on the list, now to find a time when the majority of us are on to form a lobby.

Add UltimateZAR, just realized he was missing from the final list.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That moment where you and the opponent are both about to die in one hit and you win with Kanji's chair throw from midscreen is loving priceless.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jmcrofts posted:

Is tier talk cool in this thread? Here's my opinion tier list:

you can make your own here

Kanji is the best, fix this immediately. :colbert:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, as I recall, it goes out of its way to avoid what I'd consider the two "major" reveals of P4.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I hope everyone gets nerfed and Kanji emerges supreme. :getin:

Edit:

quote:

Kanji Tatsumi
5C paralyzes the opponent.

YES

Arist fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 16, 2013

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh, I think I'm gonna get a lot of mileage out of that shoulder charge move Kanji's got.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

How many cards does S.Lab have now anyway? 3? 5?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That sounds pretty bad then, wow.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

loving poo poo

Kanji was bad enough already, you had to nerf the hell out of him too?

He was the only character I played, because Kanji is rad. :smith:

Arist fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 18, 2013

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Primal Force? Oh poo poo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Overbite posted:

So Kanji's 19th combo challenge

All out attack launcher followed by two aerial B and then aerial C. Sounds real easy but I can only get one B out before Charlie recovers midair and I can't continue the combo. I tried different timings, I tried mashing it out as fast as possible, but Charlie always recovers after I hit him with one B. What the heck.

If that's the one I remember, you have to jump in between the first and second aerial B.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think it tells you when to jump/double jump in the combo instructions.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Koromaru's hitbox would be a real problem though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MvC3 had some pretty generous loving hitboxes though, I mained Ammy in that game. Mitsuru's 5A would miss Koro entirely unless they made him loving huge, which would be a massive problem.

fake edit: beaten, sort of

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Suspicious Cook posted:

Koromaru could stand on the back of the fox from P4 and they'd fight as a team.

Okay guys I'm back in Koromaru sounds great

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I will legit be stoked to see Chidori because we never got to see her Persona in P3.

You see it twice.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yosuke's is at the very least canon; they refer to it in their win quotes against each other.

One possible reason is that they haven't used their Personas for months. That, and the less traumatic experience of the Persona evolution, caused them to regress. The P3 cast have been Shadow operatives likely since The Answer, with the possible exception of Junpei.

There's a longer period of time between the two final dungeons in Persona 4 than between the end of Persona 4 and P4A. Even counting P4G it's barely longer at all. Stop trying to rationalize it, it's entirely because the original personas are more recognizable and distinctive.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay yeah I am 1000% buying the glasses pack again

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Beef Waifu posted:

So most of you probably missed it, but AtlusUSA streamed some Ultimax earlier and among other things such as it having playable Rise and Ken there is are three random selects on the character screen. Two of these are on opposite ends of the character select, while one is in the middle of the bottom row. One of these is no doubt a placeholder spot for Adachi, but that leaves one more that is obviously a placeholder spot for someone.

http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa

I'm assuming Margaret.

I was watching that earlier, Rise has one of the best, dumbest supers I've ever seen.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, what the gently caress is that Igor move :lol:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Marie's on the wrong side. :colbert:

e: oh poo poo, I hadn't seen how amazing Teddie's face was in that picture.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Roguelike posted:

Oh, does Shadow Labrys not get a Shadow version? That's too bad.

Neither do Adachi or Elizabeth (and I assume Margaret).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't wait for this stupid game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I only play Kanji because he's loving Kanji but I may have to play Rise now because she looks stupid and ridiculous and I'm all about that. gently caress, I'll just diversify in general.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Koromaru probably negates the stigma of playing as Ken in my eyes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Didn't Elizabeth actually get nerfed?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Excels posted:

I wish Marie would return to her home planet.

Suddenly her Persona is super fitting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Alder? Never heard of it.

e: oh, it's Ardha.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We've known that for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU