Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
It would be very strange if they didn't include Ken, since he's the last (living) member of SEES they haven't done yet.

But if they add "Shadow Adachi" to explain how he's there despite being in jail, they could go nuts and make Shadow Shinjiro or who knows what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The idea is that in the real world Adachi is recovering, now that he's been locked away from all the Shadow/Inaba business his madness has cleared up a little, which is why he writes to Yu at the end of P4 saying there are still details that bother him as he runs over it all in his head.

So the one in P4A2 is a Shadow clone or something, not the real Adachi (who is behind bars)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

it is beautifully ironic that adachi is so immensely popular on tumblr even though he represents pretty much everything they hate about men.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

What is even the point of killing off a character if everyone will just demand they be brought back. It would sort of diminish the "martyr's sacrifice" if he could just be pried off of the seal. I hope it turns out to be someone more interesting.

It sounds like they are really going balls-to-the-loving-wall with all of this plotplotplotplot, what's "canon" and what isn't, how it all ties together, I just can't wait to find out.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I guess drinking all that milk finally paid off.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Persona 4 takes place about a year after P3 ends, and Arena's plot begins about two months after P4's True End.

Arena 2 if I recall, begins immediately after the end of the first one. More of SEES arrive and more poo poo hits the fan with the arrival of SHO.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Philemon already fills a vital role in Persona 4.

He's the save point!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Monathin posted:

Yeah, the reason Ken picked up Spears in the first place was because the reach made up for being so young/small. Stick to what you know, I guess.

The camera feed for Ken shows that he drinks milk constantly to the point of feeling sick because he's been waiting for this growth spurt.

Then he hurts himself with his practice broom :allears:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Toriumi, Ken Amada, and Yukari herself. Why does everyone in P3 look like Yukari?

Toriumi and Yukari really do look alike. It isn't even a stretch to say that's probably what she'll look like in ten or twenty years.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Dehry posted:

He was born June 24, 1998, Persona 4 Arena takes place in May 2012 during golden week. He's 13.

whoa check out this factmaster

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ken reminds me a lot of Hope Estheim.

In fact they are practically the same character, the only difference being Hope's bullshit didn't get Snow killed (just badly wounded)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I liked her S.Links because Minako actually had personality. In fact almost every dialogue choice thing had a funny option.

"What do you like on your cereal, Leader?"
"I like tabasco sauce! :downs:"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

So like let's say in a few years we get Arena 3 and we get a single rep from P1 and another for P2, and one SMT character (like from Devil Survivor, Raidou's games, etc).

Name your votes.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

That's what happens when you hit puberty. Your spear gets bigger.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Also Ken is totally the kind of kid who would play SBX and games like that. Given his obsession with sentai, and Yukari now being a main character on his favorite childhood show, I wonder if they're going to push some kind of one-sided crush or something. Seems like a thing Arena 2 would tease, just to give them some interesting interactions.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

Aaaand they've gone and dropped the Kenomaru trailer on us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3vWdCZ2NPA

So basically, he's Carl Clover with a dog.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

So I guess the point of him having 2 Persona cards is because he also has access to Koromaru and Cerberus, which are a separate gauge. So Kala-Nemi is probably some of his strongest attacks that can only be used sparingly.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

So who are your mains and how good are you at playing them?

I want to say Aigis is my main but I really suck with her so I end up using a high-tier character like Chie just to have a chance of winning

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I just hope someone on the translation/localization team is a Giant Bomb. I would love to hear Adachi say "I use words like Dippy and then I Break out a 'BITCH!' ".

I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

From the look of those screens, something demonic intervened to set Adachi loose. I'm glad they're actually explaining it instead of saying "It was just a Shadow" or "He just straight-up broke outta jail"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

"Unsightly"? I guess they just couldn't think of anything for Yukari since she's now pretty much Perfect

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I refuse to play these in English because I'm still bothered by New Chie and New Teddie. They just don't sound right at all.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I don't understand how anyone could think New Chie is better than the old one. Her old voice was adorable and I thought it fit her design really well.

Now she talks like someone trying really hard to sound anime, it's terribad.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I can get preferring old Chie to new Chie, but you'd genuinely have Japanese Teddie and Japanese Rise over new Chie?

Rise sounds like every Japanese girl, nothing too grating. Japanese Teddie sounds like a little kid, which is what he is, so I think it's fine.

Why were Chie/Teddie's voices changed? Scheduling conflict?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Oh. Okay. :(

Who has the best voice in all of the Persona dubs. Now is your chance to flex your superior taste.

My vote goes to Mitsuru.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

It's pretty much Shadow Kanji and Adachi.

Adachi was fine right up until JYB tried to go full anime-villain and came up just short.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Keep in mind her personality/accent were the result of the Plume of Dusk forcefully giving her self-awareness. They said she was special because she became independent almost immediately after being exposed to it.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Can't wait to play as Adachi while listening to the Hotline Miami soundtrack on loop

Excels fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 17, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

Adachi trailer's up now, woo. I love his animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8UuRFuO30

No Shadow teaser.

Instant Kill looks sadistic, awesome

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The_Frag_Man posted:

Adachi looks awesome. Also this is my first time hearing the japanese voices and they are pretty decent.

They're a lot better, people say Teddie and Rise are kind of annoying but I think they're fine. Originally I switched in P4A when I heard Chie's voice pop up in a cutscene. Slammed the brakes hard on that and switched to Japanese.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Why are the gallery thumbnails just a zoom in of his crotch?

you're saying that like it's a bad thing.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

That's the official date. Altus USA is doing what they did last game and localizing it as it's being made so the game gets released close to the Japanese release.

I wish more Japanese games were made this way, tbh

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5Zgqj9JgU

The color palettes are pretty crazy this time around, probably like 17+ per character, including pure gold, sepia tone, black and white...

Also everyone has Velvet Room colors. It rules

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Isn't "labrys" (the two headed axe) like another icon for femininity/lesbians?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I really liked "Cabbage Detective" but you can't get everything in life

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

New P4U2 console trailer, showing off new features, some extra story stuff, and another two seconds of Adachi footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3RLE0P9oXQ

"But first, would you like to see a totally unrelated 15 year old girl in a bikini?"

>Yes
>Yes

e:THEY ACTUALLY MADE THAT TITLEBELT IMAGE THE COVER oh god that is a very nice looking special edition

Excels fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 10, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

AtlusUSA confirming they have not received any info about P5 either. So I guess it remains a mystery

An upsetting number of people don't think P1/P2 have any connection to the rest of the series. A bunch don't even think they're canon.

Excels fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 12, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Also the AtlusUSA staff talking on Twitch hasn't played Persona 1 or 2. Unsurprisingly.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Excels fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Shadow Ikutsuki please. No Persona, he just hits you with bad puns in word bubbles

• Locked thread