Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Fruitsnacks posted:

Stunedge just posted a quick summary of the current loketest: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17350-P4U2-Loketest-2-Info-sharing-News-Video-thread&p=1546713&posted=1#post1546713

- they have added many new BGM,
P4 characters mirror match now plays P4G battle theme "Time to make history",
P3 female characters plays "Wiping all out" and P3 shadow characters play P3 boss fight,
P4 shadow characters play their own shadow dungeon theme.
They still have all the old themes so I think they switch by random?

Going to learn Shadow characters just for this.
So...Shadow Chie and Shadow Teddie use "Castle" and "Theater" (respectively) in lieu of having their own dungeon, right? Wait, Shadow Yu and Yousuke don't have dungeons at all. I'm going to assume they get "I'll Face Myself -Battle-" instead.

Waterbed posted:

Yep. I'm playing Shadow Kanji.
ohai Day 1 purchase. /Wiseau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

http://imgur.com/a/r9qn6/layout/grid#11

Magazine scans of the Shadow forms' intro and victory poses.

Yes, you are seeing things correctly. Shadow Akihiko has become Mag-loving-Neto.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Huh. So they finally gave Rise's manager a unique portrait.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

OmegaGoo posted:

That super looked amusing.

She looks like she's supposed to be a setup->combo machine.
Seems that way. On the flip side, Rise will most likely compete with Elizabeth in the "character with the lowest HP" category. As in, any character could knock off 90% of her health with a simple combo.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MrAristocrates posted:

Koromaru's hitbox would be a real problem though.
Eh, if Capcom can make Amaterasu work in MvC3, Koromaru could work in Ultimax since he'd have a near-identical hitbox.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, since Feinne's LP is over, might as well say that chapters 11 and 12 of the P4A manga are out.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dehry posted:

Clear scans of both pages
Wow, Ken really grew up. I mean, that's true for all of the P3 cast, but there are still some elements from their P3 days in their Arena designs. Ken? Almost a completely different person. But most importantly, he's discovered pants.

That said, anyone who summons Koromaru to maul a punk to death for their IK is okay in my book. Even if they were previously an annoying little poo poo.

Suspicious Cook posted:

How long after P3 does this take place? Is there a chance Ken has hit puberty and will have a super deep voice now? Because that would be hilarious.
P3 is April 2009-March 2010. Arena and Ultimax take place in early May 2012. Ken's about 13 now, just a little over a month shy of his 14th birthday (June 24th). Then again, Ken's mentors through puberty were most likely...Junpei and Akihiko. Okay, probably more Junpei than Akihiko, but the image of both dealing with this is just about as hilarious as the thought of Ken with a voice as deep as say...Jouji Nakata.

AradoBalanga fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 22, 2014

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Geez, the reach on that spear in one of the later screenshots is insane.
Seems to me that Ken modified it to be an extendable chain spear, instead of a single solid polearm. Basically, he's upgraded the whole reason he uses spears: reach opponents that are out of his physical reach.

If I had to guess, Ken's going to be a heavy keep-away character that can send The Best Dog to maul your face off as a projectile/assist move.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I am trying to figure who is voicing Ken this time. Is it just his old VA adjusting her voice so he sounds more like a 13 year old?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Yes, that is still Megumi Ogata. I really hope the localization team doesn't try to reprise Mona Marshall, Ken could use a new VA for his new look.
Ah, okay then. But yeah, it would be nice of the localization team to recast Ken.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/247577/persona-4-the-ultimate-in-mayonaka-arena_v3_ch13_by_no-group
Chapter 13 of the manga is now out.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

S-Alpha posted:

Also, have a dog with goggles:

My day is complete. :allears:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

siotle posted:

Ultimax trailers for
Yukiko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVJDb5RTByM
Yosuke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIth10TBsKA

I didn't think they would be making trailers for the returning cast.
It's probably so ArcSys can sneak in the Shadow versions of the returning cast, since the theme for the trailers is "Preview the character, then end with a teaser of their Shadow", as opposed to giving the Shadows a full dedicated trailer.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

I believe it's meant to be Brooklyn but it sort of travels all over the northern United States. And my brother thought it was meant to be Irish, somehow.
The official word was it's supposed to be a Bronx accent, IIRC. But, like you said, Labrys' accent pulls from a lot of places (Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, and Boston/New England) in the end result.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Forgive the double post, but Chapter 14 of the manga has been released.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

S-Alpha posted:

ken.jpg

Also, folks who are trying him out are saying he's looking to be very Carl Clover, so I guess that answers that.
Speaking of Ken's opponent there, here's Rise's air grab animation:

I can hear her squeals from my monitor. :shepicide:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

S-Alpha posted:

There's also some new images over here that I'm too lazy to mirror. He's stealing Ziodyne from Elizabeth, looks like.
Actually, that's Yu's Ziodyne animation, which thematically makes sense. Elizabeth's looks more like Magneto's Disruptor move.

Also, Magatsu Izanagi gets...I think that's supposed to be Hyperion as a corresponding color for the Katsuya alt.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Excels posted:

They're a lot better, people say Teddie and Rise are kind of annoying but I think they're fine. Originally I switched in P4A when I heard Chie's voice pop up in a cutscene. Slammed the brakes hard on that and switched to Japanese.
You actually like Japanese Teddie?

There's something wrong with you, man.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

He packs a handgun but his entire moveset consists of awkward, gangly kicks and pistol-whipping people.

His throw has him take a minute to point and laugh at you.

Adachi you might be pathologically incapable of feeling empathy but that's no reason we can't be best friends.
That's probably the funniest thing about Adachi's playstyle: the gun is for show. This is a guy who admits in-game that the only reason he became a police officer was to legally own a gun, and he never uses it.

Also, I hadn't really noticed it until you mentioned it, but the sprite work for Adachi does make him way more ganglier and noodle-like than in P4 proper.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sleeping Sigma posted:

I think a number of the characters look way noodlier than their previous versions.

Look at Ken, for example. He's like 13, but he has a serious case of the CLAMP.
And then you have the opposite with Kanji, who's 16 and somehow a brick shithouse.

Although that's more ArcSys bias towards grappler character design.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

And sure enough it turns out Adachi's character spot is the bottom middle of the game. Also the English version of his title is "Egocentric Police Dick" and he'll be free for launch in North America.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/01/persona-4-arena-ultimax-adachi-free-dlc-launch-americas/
Oh wow, they actually gave a Joker (the DC Comics one) alt to Adachi. I was not expecting that.

Although, I swear I've seen the other green-haired alt in that article somewhere before.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

That's the Yuki Terumi alt, also known as Blazblue's own Adachi (The Persona color is also a reference to his astral heat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGKQ1x92nes
Ah. I got Terumi confused with Hazama, who I think is...Naoto's Blazblue-inspired alt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Excels posted:

Margaret don't Izuna Drop your sister, that's rude
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Izuna Drop combos into Hassou Tobi

• Locked thread