Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

Rabble posted:

Last couple of shots show some more of the interior.

That rear interior is disturbingly similar to the original AE86 interior.

Color me impressed. When the first batch of info about this car came out, I was disappointed. Now I've got a solid 65% chubby for it.

Also the picture of the cross-section of the head (at least the intake port) shows promise for good engine flow. I think I had read somewhere that Yamaha was called in to do some flow work on the head design. (commonplace for Toyota) It's got a Cd halfway between an RX-8 and a Prius (the third car in that list, translated from the katakana) which isn't bad at all. It's probably got a lower frontal area too, so it's fairly slippery for what it is.

I've always wanted to search around for a cherry car to replace my '86 GT-S, but it's getting harder and harder to find one that hasn't been molested more than Sarah Silverman. This is looking like an excellent alternative.

edit:

Mcqueen posted:

I dig the last picture with 4 wheels in the back.

Or the alternate layout with the two gorufu baigu. (golf bags)

vvv - or mummies. gently caress it, they're mummies. I just jacked up the translation.

antimatt fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

jamal posted:

I see what looks like direct injection, and the rear subframe/suspension is straight out of the 08+ impreza, front suspension looks pretty subaru-y too.

I think it shows placement for both standard and direct injectors. I'd hate to be limited on power due to cylinder washing from direct injection...

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted:

Consider an 80hp shifter cart.

to wit: ever seen a Superkart?

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

Stealth Like posted:

As much as you desperately want to believe that Toyota is making a car for a couple thousand people, they're not.

Actually, by projected sales numbers, it appears that's exactly what they're doing...

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

A5H posted:

Why double clutch? I don't get it wasn't that for old gearboxes?

Less stress on the synchros when you more closely match the shaft speeds in the gearbox.

fake edit:Because: double clutch.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum
I hate to be all :spergin: but lack of steering wheel controls might change my mind about buying one of these... Everything else is spot on, too. How disappointing.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

smooth jazz posted:

FWIW, no steering wheel controls doesn't bother me, but mark my words it's coming next year, as is a revised front bumper and side "vents".

That sweet rear end matte white will follow, too.

I hope they add steering wheel controls. It's a convenience thing, and I HATE taking my hands away from the wheel to adjust the stereo, not that I even do it that often. I've also had two cars with wheel-mounted cruise control, and it was far more to my liking than stalk-mounted. I guess in the long run, it's not that big of a deal.

Also it'd be very tempting to get a matte white vinyl wrap. That color would look awesome on the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum
I bought myself one of the Hyper Blue BRZs. Really fun car to drive. I owned a bone-stock '86 Corolla GTS for a while before the whole drift scene got super popular, and I feel nostalgic driving the BRZ. It's everything fun about the AE86, but 30 years more refined.

Gotta buy snow tires soon. Yay.

• Locked thread