Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm probably going to be picking one of these up as babby's first manual transmission car. Any word on when the 2014s come out? I'll have a comfortable down payment at the first week of August but I might as well save for another month if the new model was coming out in September or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It probably has to do with Scion originally making it's name with those ugly rear end box cars. Thus, Scion = poo poo ugly cars. I don't get it either since the FRS is clearly a good looking car.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That entire channel is amazing. Thank you for that.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Kinda embarrassing but I had never driven a manual before getting mine. In fact I bought the car and had my dad drive it off the lot. A quick 30 minute lesson in a parking lot later and I was able to drive it well enough to get home.

The salesman had told me a story of how a guy did something similar except when he tried to drive it off the lot he almost smashed it into a light pole and had to ask if they could drive it home for him.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I never leave it in gear since if I do the second I start the car I'll forget and pop off the clutch and will lurch and stall. Every. Single. Time.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Daric posted:

Hey remember when I said I was worried about driving a standard as I'd never done it before? Well my brother took me to learn today in his Mazda3 and I didn't actually do too bad in the parking lot. I only stalled it once and that was trying to practice going in reverse. Then he made me drive it back through the neighborhood to our house. I did even better than in the parking lot.

Until I stalled it 4 times in a row in the middle of an intersection and burned the clutch. I could have gotten it fixed faster but people kept driving in front and behind me so I couldn't hit the gas for fear of hitting them and every time I tried the car would start rolling backwards and someone would drive behind me so I'd have to slam on the brakes.

I'm going to practice some more before I buy my car.

Houston rush hour traffic was probably the scariest and best thing I could have done to learn manual quickly. I had one day of practice beforehand.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

VodeAndreas posted:

I've had a test drive of both the 86 GTS and BRZ today and am convinced I'm going to order one or the other in the immediate future.

A bit of a boring question but the one thing I found a bit annoying on both was rear visibility especially for parking. I didn't have enough time to play around today and will see if I can have a go in a manual BRZ still (the one they had available was a auto, but did have the full sports pack including those great looking wheels).

Any opinions the value of the park sensors or camera, or just learning to deal with it?

Learn to turn your head.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My car is barely over a year and both doors have been bashed in. This loving thing is cursed and the diminished value is going to be hilarious. A recent rear ending is somehow my fault and that's coming out of pocket for repairs.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Granted this is my first manual I think a burning clutch has a distinct metal scent to it. My friend told me Id know if I was burning my clutch

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The Scion dealership would not budge on negotiating except on my trade in. I ended up getting a hilarious amount for my piece of poo poo cavalier but still would have liked to get more off the sticker

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How much did that end up costing you?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Optimus Subprime posted:

This article also has a broad break down too http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/where-does-the-car-dealer-make-money.html

I believe the scion thing is a gimmick, I'm quite certain people negotiate with them all the time.

I think it depends on the dealership. I had gone to an AutoNation scion dealership and they would not budge on negotiating. Trade in sure but not on the actual vehicle. Probably should have walked to get them to move but in the end the price was fair enough to me so whatever.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The twins are definitely better as a daily driver. I haul around mountain bikes and do all my normal stuff in my FRS. No way would I be able to in a miata

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I need to find a junked FRS so I can get the cardboard trunk cover for the spare. I somehow...lost that

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I enjoy driving my FRS and swinging my rear end out whenever possible. Well that's all I got thanks for listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

GutBomb posted:

Is that actually factory interior? I'm unfamiliar with that design if it is. I was suggesting that if a car's interior has been hosed with its probably also been hosed with under the hood.

Series 2 interior. Only 1000 made

https://www.scion.com/blog/news/scion-frs-release-series-2-0-announcement-images/

• Locked thread