Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

Endless Mike posted:

Wanna drive this car. Probably can't fit comfortably at 6'1" and fat though. :(

The sad thing though is so many cars are getting made to fit tall and fat or just fat in general that seats end up feeling like crap for fit people. I long for the days of snug sports seats in cheaper cars, but it seems affordable seems to mean seats that can accommodate a 300lb person :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

PT6A posted:

Yes, gently caress us tall people, right? We shouldn't get to drive nice cars.

6'1" or 6'2" is not all that tall. I don't think most cars need to accomodate Shaquille O'Neal, but it would be nice if tiny sports cars were just a shade less tiny (for what it's worth, Jeremy loving Clarkson can fit in a Lotus Exige, so there's no reason why small cars can't be designed to accomodate tall people).

I think you are misunderstanding me... not tall but tall and fat or fat. Tall just means you get a slightly higher roof or lower seating position. Fat means you cant have a seat that hugs the butt of a fat person AND a skinny person.

edit: I'm 6'2" and love tight fitting cars

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
Got to play inside of one of these this week out here at CES. Gotta say I really love the old school interior and seating positions.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

shodanjr_gr posted:

Oh, that makes sense...for some reason I thought that the "pure price" thing was a top-down mandated price of Scion-central...I just read the description on their site and your answer seems right.

Woohoo! Hurray for me :).

I'm 6'2" and still had plenty of room weighing in at like 205 right now.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

PT6A posted:

Everyone will notice when a car handles better, though, right? I don't think you have to know anything about a car's mechanicals to appreciate a car that handles well over one that doesn't. I mean, I don't think I'm a huge enthusiast: I know gently caress-all about how cars work beyond the basics, I've never done any modifications to any of my vehicles, and I've never tracked my car (mind you, that one's because the track in Calgary closed recently). I'm an enthusiast insofar as I like cars, but nothing beyond that, which isn't much by AI standards. Still, I like a car that handles well, and I dislike cars that handle like poo poo.

It really depends on the person driving it. If you slow to a crawl at every sweeping curve or are comparing your driving experience to a SUV, a Honda Fit is going to feel the same as this thing tooting around town to some people. Taking the car around some twisties, off/on ramp at higher than suggested speed, or go through some hilly sections to stress the brakes and you will start finding significant differences.

• Locked thread