Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

I wonder where the people who think the Miata would be the obvious choice over this car live because in less temperate climates a convertible holds limited appeal. One of the things I love about a car like this is I could drive it in the dead of winter as long as the roads were clear of snow (and even in the snow if the right tires were on the car.) I wouldn't have to worry about 8 inches of snow and ice sitting on a soft top overnight and developing leaks.

Impossible to use a convertible in such conditions? Not at all. Would I want to daily drive a full winter in a convertible? Hell no.

What can I say, I don't like having to put my toys away for a season.

I daily drove a mazdaspeed mx-5 for a few Nebraska winters. Though our winters aren't the worst out there, our snow removal leaves a lot to be desired. I regularly had it out around town in 8" plus snowfall blizzards and drove it up to South Dakota a few times in similar conditions. I guess I did clean off the whole car every time I got in. Somewhere like buffalo that gets a million inches of snow a year might not be the best for a convertible, but I enjoyed the poo poo out of mine despite the wintry months and know others who do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

I'm probably far too large to fit, but i sat comfortably in a lancer evo recently, so i guess i'll hold out hope.

Are Lancer Evos really all that small though? I mean, it's based on a four door family car after all.

• Locked thread