Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«66 »
peanut-
Feb 17, 2004

Grimey Drawer

That place is okay, the pork dishes are good but the beef was not great at all when i went. As far as "best in London" goes it still wasn't close to Pitt Cue I don't think. It's odd how BBQ has become so ubiquitous yet so terrible almost everywhere.

Really enjoyed Jidori on Kingsland Road last weekend, though I was quite drunk. Great yakitori - the minced chicken and egg yolk, and chicken hearts & bacon particularly. Pretty reasonable too, £3.50-4 for two skewers with a decent amount of meat on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

I'm a family man - I run a family business. This is my son and my partner, H.W.

Soiled Meat

I had an outstanding lunch at Copita in Soho recently. My son is coeliac and we had a very good gluten free meal at Leggero. Their butternut flan was outstanding.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

If you see my husband Mr. Gaston Ramirez please tell him I love him signed tarbrush

Had a rather lovely bowl of pho in Banh Banh in Peckham Rye last week. Not life changing or anything, but bloody tasty for £8.

Also did Cafe On in Clapham, was as good as all the reviews say. Only downside was they had ďcash onlyĒ on the board, so I didnít order too much, but then they took cards. I wish Iíd ordered more

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

peanut- posted:

That place is okay, the pork dishes are good but the beef was not great at all when i went. As far as "best in London" goes it still wasn't close to Pitt Cue I don't think. It's odd how BBQ has become so ubiquitous yet so terrible almost everywhere.

I wouldnít be surprised; lovely BBQ is everywhere. Here in DC thereís really only one good place out of dozens.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Even the big boy of bbq, Bodeanís, isnít actually that good.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Korean BBQ recommendations?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Even the big boy of bbq, Bodeanís, isnít actually that good.

It used to be good. It's gone way downhill.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Lady Gaza posted:

Korean BBQ recommendations?

Haven't been for a while but I like Koba in Rathbone St.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

therattle posted:

Haven't been for a while but I like Koba in Rathbone St.

Aren't you vegetarian?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Steakandchips posted:

Aren't you vegetarian?

Close! Wife is so house is (apart from occasional meat for so now), so it's all I cook.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I keep meaning to try Superstar right by St Giles/TCR/Shaftesbury, anyone been?

I like Kalbi in Clerkenwell.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Finally had breakfast at Dishoom today. Man, why have I waited so long? It was amazingly good, and the endless hot chai was delightful. 12/10 would spice again.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

My father in law wants to take us out for dinner. What has good food, but not too fussy, not too loud, and has good vegetarian options? He liked L'Autre Pied and we enjoyed Pollen St Social but those are too poncy for his special lady friend. Cost not an issue provided it's not crazy.

Nephzinho
Jan 24, 2008

therattle posted:

My father in law wants to take us out for dinner. What has good food, but not too fussy, not too loud, and has good vegetarian options? He liked L'Autre Pied and we enjoyed Pollen St Social but those are too poncy for his special lady friend. Cost not an issue provided it's not crazy.

I like Luca, tend to go out with my inlaws there when we want good food and relative calm. (Granted whenever I'm in London I pretty much eat at dirty burger, luca, and dishoom on loop)

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Nephzinho posted:

I like Luca, tend to go out with my inlaws there when we want good food and relative calm. (Granted whenever I'm in London I pretty much eat at dirty burger, luca, and dishoom on loop)

Thanks, I'll look into it.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Where's good for dim sum? Looking for somewhere not too expensive, preferably with soup dumplings.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

reality_groove posted:

Where's good for dim sum? Looking for somewhere not too expensive, preferably with soup dumplings.

My go to place, shown to me by my chinese friend, is Wan Chai Corner in Chinatown, on the corner of Gerrard St and Gerrard Place. Pretty sure I've had soup dumplings in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

If you see my husband Mr. Gaston Ramirez please tell him I love him signed tarbrush

I liked Cafe On in Clapham and it's had a bunch of nice reviews, though not sure how recent.

Can't remember if they do soup dumplings but their menu is online.

«66 »