Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«68 »
therattle
Jul 24, 2007

I'm a family man - I run a family business. This is my son and my partner, H.W.

Soiled Meat

The_Doctor posted:

Misato or Ichibuns virtually opposite eachother on Wardour street. If you do Ichibuns, try the amazing Japanese loo.

Tonkotsu on Dean is pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

If I go into Misato I'm probably going to end up having the teriyaki katsu but well worth a go.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Misato is very easy for favourite dishes. I usually have the tori soba soup. So big and filling.

ineptmule
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.

The_Doctor posted:

Misato or Ichibuns virtually opposite eachother on Wardour street. If you do Ichibuns, try the amazing Japanese loo.

Misato suuuuucks.

Kanada-Ya in St Giles or on Panton Street.

I also like Tonkotsu although their portions have got stingy since they first opened.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

ineptmule posted:

Misato suuuuucks.

Kanada-Ya in St Giles or on Panton Street.

I also like Tonkotsu although their portions have got stingy since they first opened.

Misato is cheap and massive portions, no complaints

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Spuckuk posted:

Misato is cheap and massive portions, no complaints

Id rather have good food and a smaller portion, thankyouverymuch. Quality over quantity.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

There's something to be said for both, Roku was gorgeous through and through, but i would not turn down the six meals I could get at Misato for the same price.

Right now I'd go to Misato for kutsu, Eat Tokyo for tempura and Roku for sushi.

ineptmule
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.

No love for Kanada-Ya ITT? Best ramen Ive had in London hands down.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Well, Kanada-ya close at 3 like loving idiots. Didn't help that buses just didn't bother running and made me an hour late.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011
Running no point.

therattle posted:

Hows the cleft arsehole going?

<titter>

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

If you want to get it looked at I can recommend a good doctor. Hes a good man, and thorough.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011
Running no point.

I went to Claude Bosi at Bibendum yesterday and it was excellent. Definitely recommended - it was pretty inventive but not properly weird like some places.

http://bibendum.co.uk/

(trying to get in as many good meals as I can before I leave London )

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!

Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

No love for Kanada-Ya ITT? Best ramen I’ve had in London hands down.

Somebody here recommended them to me 2 years ago when there was only 1 place. We went there and queued up for 15 mins. The ramen was amazing and I plan to go again when I go to London in June.

That said: Is there anything new (opened in last year) that's a must try in terms of streetfood/low key eating in London?

Has anyone of you ever eaten at the Indian YMCA? It came up as a "secret London thing to do" in some website but I am not sure it would hold up.

Hopper fucked around with this message at May 2, 2018 around 16:41

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Im doing the Poons pop up tomorrow, as I have many happy memories of going to their Leicester Street branch as a kid. That said, the menu is properly tiny, and doesnt have anything I remember having at the proper restaurant.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Thanks to whoever recommended the ROKA tasting menu above. Went there over the weekend for the best sushi I have had in my life.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

Soiled Meat

Hopper posted:

Somebody here recommended them to me 2 years ago when there was only 1 place. We went there and queued up for 15 mins. The ramen was amazing and I plan to go again when I go to London in June.

That said: Is there anything new (opened in last year) that's a must try in terms of streetfood/low key eating in London?

Has anyone of you ever eaten at the Indian YMCA? It came up as a "secret London thing to do" in some website but I am not sure it would hold up.

I ate at IYMCA a while ago. Its cheap and decent, unpretentious and tasty but not amazing. Good value though.

On the other side of the spectrum we went to Fera for our combined birthdays and 10th anniversary. Very, very good. The food is innovative and quite challenging in some ways (unlike, say, Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley where everything is just delicious) but almost always to good effect. Service is as youd expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Poons was really good, but sadly nothing like I remember.

«68 »