Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

angelicism posted:

I just moved to London from NYC and I'm going to be living in Angel; hopefully you guys can help me out with a couple things.

Specifics: good Korean food (willing to travel a bit from Angel for this); great burgers; places to get solid yakitori; good Brazilian, specifically properly done pão de queijo and picanha, I don't dare hope for açai; good Ethiopian; best place to get afternoon tea given that I'm a wide-eyed American that hasn't had "afternoon tea" and thinks it's a novel idea.

General: a site like nymag.com where I can get restaurant recommendations given a neighborhood, cuisine, and price range, with reasonably consistent reviews (yelp and its equivalents are terrible) for when I want to find someplace new.

Thanks for any help!

I don't know if its "good" Brazilian food, but there's a restaurant called Rodizio Rico in Angel that serves Brazilian BBQ all you can eat meat. That picanha might be there (they had like 30 different kinds of meat and I lost track after a while). We went there for a good meet once and it was so awesome I've travelled back into London 3 times just to eat there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Tayyabs has come up a few times in this thread I think, supposed to be a pretty good indian and its bring your own booze too

http://www.tayyabs.co.uk/

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Its only about 5 stops on the tube, if hes there for a week and visiting a bunch of places, I'd assume he will have a travelcard

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
So where is good for brazillian all you can eat BBQ in London? I've been to the Rodizio Rico in angel a couple of times but I wanted to mix it up and go somewhere else

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Where can me and the girlfriend go for a good steak in a nice place without me spending £150 for the pair of us in gaucho again?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Thanks guys, I'm no stranger to getting and cooking a nice steak but we're out in London for a day soon and wanted to go somewhere nice. I think we'll go Hawksmoor, the communal table thing at Hill & Szrok will weird her out.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

therattle posted:

Flatiron does decent steak, reasonably priced. It's all they do, really, with fries or salad.

drat yeah a tenner for a steak is really good if its tasty

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Which is which? I want to try and skip the communal table deal, but their website doesnt really say anything other than "here is a picture of a meat cleaver and some chopped meat, thanks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
According to tripadvisor they do a thing where you can pop over, sign in and then go off and have some drinks elsewhere and they'll text you when your table is ready. I'll check out Denmark Street or that argentine place, thanks :)

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 29, 2015