Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

Burrito places in order of bestness

1. Benitos Hat (you even get free chips woo)
2. Daddy Donkey
3. Chilango
4. Tortilla (sorry Kaiho)
5. Freebird
500. Barburrito
1000. Chipotle

Any I've missed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

New World is fun for the trollies, but the dim sum is pretty poor. Try Phoenix Palace near Baker Street for excellent and reliable dim sum!

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

Lady Gaza posted:

I went to NY Fold and it was....ok. I suppose I should have anticipated it, being an American-style place, but they were way too heavy on the toppings and the cheese. If I was to go back I'd probably order something a bit simpler, and ask them to cook it for a bit longer - I much preferred the pizza that was closer to the crust as it was crispier. I think Pizza East and Franco Manca are next on my list.

I like the pizza at Malletti in Farringdon - might be more the style of pizza you're looking for. And The Griffin is across the road so you can look at some boobs once you've finished your lunch.

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

Hopper posted:

- a real pub (no chain stuff) with good pub grub at reasonable prices

- a good place to just stroll and check out street food/low key dining other than Covent garden market/Mayfair/chinatown area

Visit the Royal Oak near Borough tube station at lunchtime. Great boozer and does decent home cooked food.

Seconding the Leather Lane recommendation for street food and dining (weekday lunchtime)

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

angor posted:

Yeah, Pollen St Social is closer to £125/head with drinks and all that. Is it £125/head good though?

It's pretty drat good and I'd be willing to pay that for dinner - for a special occasion.

If your £60 a head budget includes booze and service I would try somewhere like The Delaunay where you'd have a good time for the money. If you're keen on Soho then maybe the Dean Street Townhouse although I find it hit and miss, or Bob Bob Ricard but you may go over budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

MisterBear posted:

As a North London Jew where I get my bagels from is like I get my challah from - there’s the place where they make the perfect bagel and then there’s the other places I wouldn’t step foot in or eat their terrible bagels… it’s the stuff of full on family schisms!

As a North London not Jew I thought it was Carmelli (Golders Green) for bagels and B & K (Edgware) for salt beef but I may be wrong.