Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

If you're doing a carb-free diet, Bodean's is perfect. All the meat you want, just don't have fries.

We went there and my (Southern, American) wife was not keen. She got the pulled pork and said that for slow cooking for 12 hours it had no flavour :ohdear:

(I quite like the fries, though!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo, Taco Bells in London, just as I move to Berlin? :argh:

There's been one in the Manchester Arndale for ages :sun:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Any recommendations around the Greenwich area? I'm British, my wife is American, neither of us are Londoners. If there's a good Ethiopean place nearby I'd be especially interested. :)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

Just noticed a burger place near me name Bins, they seem to be expanding pretty fast? The presentation in store and on the apps seems to be very much like McDonald's, much better looking than one would expect of a small chain. The menu seems to aim for the same demos as McD's except halal, similar fries, buns etc. Seems like a decent alternative at least. Just thought it was interesting, maybe can learn more when their website is up. The chicken rosti burger is good.

Bims is literally a halal McDonald's clone yeah. Its not bad but a bit pricy for what it is.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

Does anyone know of a place to get or website that delivers Entenmann's donuts? My SIL is homesick and craving american junk food and was commenting that she can't get them anywhere in the city.

Make friends with people on US military bases (well maybe not right now given 'roni). My wife is part of the British chapter (technically Greater London but its not like there's any other ones over here) of her sorority and half the members are in the US Air Force, which means events often happen on bases, which means a chance to hand some dollars to one of those air force members and go shopping on their base BX. They have All The American Things even including fresh meat which is otherwise just not going to be available over here.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Stop your grinning, and drop your linen. POPEYES are coming to the UK! :siren::toot:

I am excite. I'd prefer Chick-Fil-A but, well, there's all the homophobia which iirc got their trial attempt run out of here on a rail a year or so ago.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

And I queued for about 40 minutes to try Wendy's, and don't feel bad about it. Had the Baconator but would like to investigate stuff like the chili and baked potatoes when the lines die down.

The Stratford one? I'm planning to drop by, I miss Wendy's from when I lived in Michigan but I had assumed the lines would have dropped down by now. Its just fast food burgers people!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Mexican is something we still do very poorly at. I’m not sure if the UK just can’t get the ingredients, or we just don’t try hard enough, but every time I’ve tried a place in London, it’s been bad. I’d accept either proper Mexican or tex-mex.

Look at this delicious chimichanga I had in the US. I want that here, and it honestly shouldn’t be a chore to find.

Tbh we just make our own at Gin Towers. Some ingredients are indeed tricky (the one and only place in the UK that made Mexican-style cheese closed down some years ago for instance) but we could seriously do better.
Hm and now I should make chimichangas.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

If you want tacos, London is not the city for you.

To be fair if you want tacos, Europe is not the continent for you :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Hopper posted:

Odd, their website is still up and mentions none of this. Are you sure they are not remodeling or something?

Restaurant websites are kind of known for not being updated in a timely manner, tbf.