Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I had decent beef wellington at Rules restaurant. I’m not a connoisseur so don’t know if it is up to American standards though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I’ve got an unexpected evening to myself tomorrow after a platelet donation near Oxford Circus, before I need to catch the train back to deepest darkest Kent.

Any recommendations around the west end or London Bridge area for places that:

-serve food reasonably quick
-are not too fancy
-are OK for a solo diner
-don’t require bookings
-aren’t Italian

?

Maybe £30-40 max total is what I wouldn’t mind spending. I was thinking of somewhere like Coco Ichibanya, that’s been on my list for a while. I also thought Shoryu but have been there a few times.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Thanks, I don’t mind a bit of a wait for a table. Once I’m in though I just don’t want to be sitting around for ages waiting for service. The cafe/canteen style places are probably a good bet.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Update, Coco Ichibanya was great. I had the pork katsu curry. It was nice to pick the spice level.