Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Rockybar posted:

Can anyone recommend Brasserie Zédel of Soho? If failing that, somewhere which does good vegetarian food in the area. Looking to take a friend coming over to London, and I love a late-night dinner. Recommendations for a nearby trendy wine/craft beer place also welcome.

Looks good on the inside, classic french bistro cookery

not amazing but solid and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

therattle posted:

Near me (Finsbury Park) is a more conventional Indian but with some Nepali dishes too called Yak and Yeti. It's very good, fairly cheap, and good value for the quality.

I can confirm that place is pretty good.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

blixa posted:

The girlfriend and I are going to be in London in a couple of weeks, staying just south of Tate Modern for four nights. Since I live in the LA area, I have great access to all sorts of Asian and Southern American food and we're going to Paris for the second leg of the trip, so I guess I'm looking for suggestions:

- Sunday roast or a real good full English breakfast
- Good Indian food
- A good pub where we can get some cask ale

Area doesn't really matter, we'll go far for good food. Prefer to not go to the more touristy spots, for obvious reasons.

Since nobody really gave you the works on breakfast, the Wolseley, Delauney or Hawksmoor all do a really top notch breakfast. Although a good full english isn't super hard to come by and you're better off saving your cash for the roast.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

therattle posted:

Where, pray tell?

I'm pretty sure he means in Lewisham.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Steakandchips posted:

Also try Goodman's and Gaucho.

Goodman's is the best of all of these.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

kim jong-illin posted:

Aberdeen Angus Steakhouse

Hmmmm.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

mojo1701a posted:

I just need to confirm then one thing:

Should I expect to see tons of (usually overweight) people wearing at least one item of camouflage and/or Bass Pro Shops (or generic trucker) hats?

Everyone is dressed like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Any shouts re: Marylebone and adjoining areas?