Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!
For an affordable Turkish I like Tas on Borough High St.

Haz near St Paul's is a bit more upmarket version of this but if your not into that they have a Cafe style place next door that's a bit more chilled out, well worth going if you are in that area for lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Refried Noodle posted:

Any another places you would recommend for veggie goodness? We are staying on the South Bank if that helps.

Wagamama is pretty good for veggie/vegan and they have branches everywhere.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Neris posted:

I don't think Anteplier is THAT good - the one in Islington? It was okay and good value but I don't know it's all that amazing. Maybe though!
Anyway the one in Dalston is called Evin. Nice review here. . You HAVE to order the sucuklu menemen if you're not a veggie that is!

Thanks guys, this is inspiring me to make the odyssey in search of real Turkish food.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

NLJP posted:

My parents are taking us all out to Bistro Bruno Loubet at the Zetter Hotel tomorrow too, has anyone been? It's been a while since I've been to a really good restaurant so I'm really looking forward to it :)

Not been but I really liked the look of it, it was featured on the recent UK Masterchef I'm sure it will be great.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Spuckuk posted:

Help me GWS!

I need somewhere to take the missus out tonight, prefereably anywhere between finchley and central london, or anywhere in central really. The only qualiriers are:

How about the pub! "Catcher In The Rye" yes they also do food!

Not been there in a while but was great from what I remember.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

NLJP posted:

Been invited to Morgan M at the Barbican tomorrow night! The reviews are on the upper end of decent so I'm really looking forward to it.

Any of you been and can tell me what to look out for?

Quality place, little too formal for me. Seared Monkfish and a Crab Millefeuille thing I remember as really nice, not much into desserts not sure what I had.

The wine was really good as well.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Come on guys, what about the Burrito? You have to love a Burrito!

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

sweek0 posted:

Ehh, just look at Wikipedia.

Nando's is a South African casual dining restaurant group originating from the Mozambiquan-Portuguese community with a Portuguese/Mozambiquan theme.

I Learned something right there. It's actually a nice idea, but I always find the chicken is too cold by the time it gets served, I hate this anywhere, but in my experience in Nando's it is always the case.

Different food, but I would always go to a "Zizzi" over a Nando's.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I get 20% off nandos thanks to the nhs so it makes it a much more reasonable price :smug:

No wonder the one near King's College Hospital is always packed!

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

The Luxe in Spitalfields has surprisingly and rapidly shut up shop. It was there last Thursday with no indication they'd be closing, and now, gone. Something called Smiths is replacing it though. Shame, they did a very nice cup of coffee.

EDIT: Ah, Smith's owns the Luxe, so it's just rebranding. Ok, good.

Oh, two Smiths in the same area, cool, http://www.theluxe.co.uk/

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Hey guys, any ideas for a good 'ole fish n chips or other pub lunch? Around Farringdon, St pauls, Moorgate, Barbican, etc..

My default is the Sports Bar & Grill in Farringdon for a burger but looking for somewhere with more character!

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Kaiho posted:

I've never even heard of that place. So confused. So I'll chuck in a vote for the Old Red Cow, who have great beer and a seriously varied menu.

Thanks guys, know them both and both excellent pubs. If you walked out of the Old Red Cow and kept walking in a straight line you would end up at the Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

caluki posted:

It's a bit further away, but i'm a big fan of The Peasant: http://www.thepeasant.co.uk/ Great fish & chips.

Thanks, looks good, might give this one a try!