Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Finally tried the Harwood Arms on Saturday, as it's like three minutes from my house. It's not like I often go to Michelin places so I don't have much to compare it to, but I'd say it's definitely money well spent. Just, uh, don't go on a match day because getting there would probably be a pain.

Venison terrine was stupidly flavourful and redcurrants gave it a really nice burst, game faggots with lentils were likewise delicious and probably a good way to introduce game to the non-game-eater (if you are not a literal child and can avoid giggling at the phrase "bring me the game faggots") (I am a literal child), and malt ice cream with fruit bits was bitter as all hell, in a good way.

Plus they seem to serve gin by the 100ml, which is nice.

I quite like the more casual style fine-dine resturants like the Hawksmoor, and am after somewhere reasonably central for next saturday that's good but not quite such a hit to the wallet. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Neris posted:

As da OP, my top burger in London remains the pricey-but-amazing Hawksmoore, for the record! God, I love that place...

The Spitalfields bar has been doing and will continue to do half-price food all June. I had the burger with kimchi and I've got to say I preferred Meat Mission. Do they do different burgers at the different Hawksmoors?

(for £4.75 it's loving amazing though)