Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Do you want a place that serves food as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Went to Honest Burger in Soho on Saturday night - amazing! Walked in just after 7pm, they took my name and mobile number so we could go find a nearby pub, they called about 1 hour 15mins later when our table was ready - really good system for popular places like this. We both had the Honest Burger (cheese, bacon, onion jam, amazing) which came with rosemary salt chips which were probably the best chips I've ever had. The beer was good as well.

Sunday we went to Ben's Canteen in Clapham Junction for brunch - full english with bloody mary's in jam jars - also very very good but a little pricey.

This weekend was a very good weekend for food.

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Chez Bruce is fairly nearby

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Donna Margherita is widely regarded as the finest pizza place in London: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d734281-Reviews-Donna_Margherita-London_England.html

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Went to BRGR.co in Soho this weekend and had their afternoon tea special: Beef, chicken & lobster sliders, fries, cheesecake, donut, brownie, liquified ice cream, pomegranate and mint iced tea, prosecco all for £17.

It was pretty special.

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Went to MEATliquer yesterday for the first time. Pretty good, fun atmosphere. Didn't have to queue, just waited 15mins in the bar for a table. I had the Dirty Hippy and the girlfriend had the Mushroom Swiss - we both agreed they were very good. Fries were nothing special and the onion rings were very oily. Drinks were very expensive (£4.20 for a tiny can of lager!) which made it overall around £20 dearer than Honest Burger which has better sides and nicer drinks.

The battle of the best burger in London continues! So far we've been to MEATliquer, Honest Burger, BRGR.co, Byron, GBK, and Ed's. Where to next?

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
I won't hear a bad word said against Honest Burger, it's my happy place. Will be interesting to see how their live queue app works later this year. Also, milkshakes and more sides? Can't wait.

I live a few doors down from Franco Manca in Chiswick, will have to check it out soon. They do reservations so not sure why you'd have to wait.

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Five Guys opening on Thursday, Shake Shack opening on Friday, its a good week to be a burger loving Londoner. Will be good to see what all the fuss is about.

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Does anyone know a good steak restaurant that's walking distance from Clapham Junction station? Only finding mixed reviews on the places I can find from a Google search.

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Thanks for the suggestions. Went to Cattlegrid on Battersea Rise in the end. Steak was good, and good value. Cocktails were crap so we stuck to the reasonably good selection of bottled beers.

Went to Rise 46 opposite afterwards for very good cocktails.

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Cinnamon in Soho is great for fancy Indian food.

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
Walk across Waterloo Bridge (best view in London), goto The Delaunay (book table before hand), have fancy dinner, cross road, have cocktails at Radio Roof Top Bar (make reservation), thank me later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snipeo
Mar 29, 2004
Happy Camper
When I worked near Farringdon we regularly grabbed a Daddy Donkey burrito for fat boy Friday's.

Leather Lane in general has a great selection of lunch options / street food.

There's an incredibly nice fish & chip restaurant opposite Wandsworth Town station - which is kinda near Putney.