Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Just come out of Hawksmoor Seven Dials after dinner with two American friends. One friend and I shared a 900g porterhouse between us, and the other guy had the ribeye. Absolutely hands down the best steak I've ever had. We all had mac & cheese sides, and I had the beef dripping chips too, because I am a fat bastard. All of it was amazing and delicious. I ended up having at least 2/3rds of the porterhouse, and one and a half portions of the mac & cheese. I am so very full in the best way.

My one regret is having no room for dessert. Some of them sounded delicious, especially the sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream! Next time, Hawksmoor, next time!

This was the most recent post on the Hawksmoor according to goon search so I thought I'd give a more recent report. I've been in London for about 2 weeks now, and lunch at the Hawksmoor has been my best meal here by far.

4 of us shared 1.1kg of bone-in prime rib, with sides of mushrooms, chips, and gravy-- all deliciously awesome and perfectly cooked. However the star of the lunch was the bone marrow and onions. I've had bone marrow before in soups, but never like this on its own as a side dish. I don't know how it was cooked, but it was perfectly jelly-like and melty in the mouth.

After that, we finished off with the sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream! Doc, you missed out. As a Canadian, I had no idea what clotted cream was, but it sounded delicious. I would describe it as a mixture between heavy whipped cream and butter, at the perfect temperature to be spread. It's coolness was a perfect match for the warm richness of the toffee pudding. If you like rich dessert, you MUST order this!

It was a really great lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Any goonpinions on Burger and Lobster in Soho? It was recommended by the friend that took us to the Hawksmoor, but his recommendation for the burger at Bishopsgate was way off. Which is better, the burger or the lobster? Or should I take my date to something like Flat Iron instead?