Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..

Neris posted:

Lucky chip is apparently awesome as gently caress although the burgers aren't supposed to be as nice as Meatwagon's (whose are the best in London, I guess?).

Those chips look AMAZING! I'm in Angel, so not too far away at all.

Went to Mishikins on the weekend, and LOVED it. Having never really had much Jewish food I really enjoyed it. Ordered the meatballs and loads of sides, and the cocktails were great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
http://www.thebullislington.co.uk/

The Bull (Angel) usually has about 5 or 6 different ciders on tap and also has loads of great beer on tap (and ales as well). One of my favorite pubs around at the moment.

My favourite cider though is the stuff you get at Borough markets from these guys (http://www.boroughmarket.org.uk/page/3032/New-Forest-Cider/72). First time I had it I wasn't impressed, but while I was unemployed I was there twice a week. Cider + Duck roll was amazing.

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..

tentish klown posted:

Which is why it's also known as the Sloaney Pony.

Don't let this put you off, the beer alone is enough to make it worth a visit, and the food wasn't awful (if a little expensive). One of my favourite pubs I've been to since I moved over from Australia.

pointsofdata posted:

I've just moved to an even dodgier part of camden to where I was previously. I still don't know anywhere good to eat nearby either, are there any good restaurants within a 10 minute walk of say Camden Town station?

Yum Cha Silks & Spice isn't too bad (opposite Stables), but only when you go on Mon / Tue / Wed when everything is half price. There's also a decent Pho place a few doors down called Thanh Binh, which tries to hard to be fancier than it is, but the prices are still reasonable and the food okay.

Hache, as mentioned in this thread has good 'gourmet' style burgers. Avoid the peanut butter burger though, first few bites are great and then it goes downhill from there.

Also a big fan of Market, which is up past the Jazz Cafe. Have been there twice and both times the food has been nice and simply and tasty. Probably not worth the price, but it's one of the few nicer restraurants near the station that doesn't suck.

I loved Mango Room (next door to the big Sainsbury's) the first time I went there, but have been less impressed both times I've been back since. Again, food is decent, but doesn't justify the price. The cocktails were nice and strong though, and I like the atmosphere.

Made in Camden (at the roundhouse) has a nice breakfast menu, however I haven't heard very much for its lunch/dinner offerings.

I enjoyed the food at the Blues Kitchen. It's not the best BBQ around, but if you are there for the music or bar then I wouldn't hesitate about grabbing some food as well.

For chains, there is a Masala Zone, Byron and a Diner all within a stones-throw of the station which you may or may not be interested in.

For drinks, Brewdog is awesome for the beer (although it is always packed), and the Spread Eagle has some decent beer and cider on tap and doesn't have Sky so it's always a good shout if you want to avoid the football crowds.

tl,dr: Don't come to Camden for the food, but there are places to eat if you heading in for a night out and want to eat somewhere Not poo poo beforehand.