Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
iMop
May 4, 2005
$apple_whore++;

I'd recommend Hibiscus on Maddox St is quite upmarket (again, 2*) - it's is one of the best places in the world I've eaten. You can definitely get dressed up to go there.

Otherwise, Bob Bob Ricard in Soho is lovely - great bar downstairs, and good food - not as expensive as Hibiscus. Definitely somewhere you can get dressed up for. We also ate at thirtysix (in Duke's hotel in St James') where the food was simple but great, and it's in a nice hotel, with a good cocktail bar. The other place that I'd recommend is the Wolesley -- head to HIX (the Donovan Bar) @ Browns Hotel around the corner for a nice bar to relax in afterwards :-)

iMop fucked around with this message at Feb 9, 2013 around 19:41

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iMop
May 4, 2005
$apple_whore++;

tentish klown posted:

Just in case you are bothered about this kind of thing, I refuse to go to Hibiscus after this particular incident:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandst...logger-s-review

Wow -- I didn't see that. That is somewhat disappointing. For what it's worth, when we went (a few years ago now), Claude Bosi was courteous and answered my questions with no problem.

iMop
May 4, 2005
$apple_whore++;

Thanks for the recommendation on the Malt House -- I got a load of marketing material that it was opening, but have spent so much time in the US recently that I've missed going. Did you need a reservation?

iMop
May 4, 2005
$apple_whore++;

Raffles posted:

Anyone have any experience of Bone Daddies in Soho? Planning on going next Saturday night; does anyone know if it gets really busy?

Oh and is it good?

Haven't eaten there, I've given up queueing twice to go somewhere different -- so, yes on it getting busy, not sure on whether it's any good!