Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein
The girlfriend and I are going to be in London in a couple of weeks, staying just south of Tate Modern for four nights. Since I live in the LA area, I have great access to all sorts of Asian and Southern American food and we're going to Paris for the second leg of the trip, so I guess I'm looking for suggestions:

- Sunday roast or a real good full English breakfast
- Good Indian food
- A good pub where we can get some cask ale

Area doesn't really matter, we'll go far for good food. Prefer to not go to the more touristy spots, for obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein

peanut- posted:

Not that many pubs/restaurants do roasts really well. If you don't mind spending a bit there's a restaurant called Roast (obviously) very close to where you're staying that does an excellent job. It'll run you £50-60 a head all in though.

If you want more of a pub atmosphere and are willing to travel a bit you could go to The Bull & Last in Kentish Town which is superb. Kentish Town also has a lot of other decent ale pubs you can do a tour of - The Southampton Arms, The Pineapple, Tapping the Admiral, The Grafton, Camden Town Brewery.

Nice, thanks for the recommendations!

(I also have a few old friends in London who I'm sure will take us places, but they won't be able to hang out every day we're there because "work" or something stupid.)

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Havent been for a few years but the hope and anchor very near where your staying used to be excellent on a sunday

I did hear about that place while doing some light Google research, maybe I should check it out. Looks like they accept reservations on Sundays for lunch.

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein

Kaiho posted:

Also the recommendation for the Southampton Arms is a good one. Cash only, pickled eggs, cask ale, rammed to the gills. So good.

Just reading their website on what constitutes an "emergency" and what does not when calling them has me sold on the place!

Steakandchips posted:

Hawksmoor is the one true roast.

Tayyabs for Indian.

Oh yeah, Tayyabs. I've heard of that before. And the Hawksmoor menu made me drool.

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein
Hawksmoor was amazing. Went for a steak, not for roast.

Also ended up at one of the Dishoom locations for Indian food, which was pretty drat great.

Overall, went to London, had some good food.