Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green

Neris posted:

I'm really keen to try out that sushi place, Dotori, in Finsbury Park. Anyone advise for or against?

Dotori is a great place, but you should definitely book ahead (and it's closed Mondays). It's tiny and well-loved and the set menus are great value, as well. The sushi is tremendously fresh. I miss Finsbury Park :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
Pacific Social Club's okonomiyaki is proper. It's Hiroshima-style, though, I imagine you meant Osaka-style?

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
I'd try asking in Latin groceries in Elephant & Castle or have a look in the market at Seven Sisters.

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
There are a couple of places in Chinatown that are open for (a slightly late) breakfast - Hung's and Far East Cafe, I think. Pretty typical stuff with congee, youtiao, jian bing, etc.

For something a bit trendier, Chinese Laundry in Islington does breakfast, but I've never tried it.

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
Where did you end up going, Vlex? My answer to that is Ognisko, which is not too expensive and rather swanky.

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
Hey, I'm a Londoner who's been studying abroad for the last two years and I'm about to move back. What are your favourite places that've opened in central/East London in the last couple of years, like a zeitgeist tape of restaurants?

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
Bit late but Jin Go Gae and Sorabol in New Malden are the best for Korean BBQ. Jin Go Gae's a little further from the station but worth it. Does the Wetherspoons in New Malden still stock soju? Always found that a delightful adaptation to the location for a 'spoons.

Ate at Mao Chow on Mare Street recently - super good vegan Chinese, especially the Chongqing cauliflower. I'd never tried omnipork before but I'm totally sold based on their dumplings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midori-a-gogo
Feb 26, 2006

feeling a bit green
La Chingada in Surrey Quays and Homies on Donkeys in Walthamstow are both really good for authentic Mexican tacos.

I would also love for there to be somewhere good for getting a fishbowl-sized frozen margarita with chimichangas but just going to have to accept that's just not London's lane.