Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm gonna be based in Shoreditch for the next few months and I'm looking for lunch spots. I've already eyeballed a couple of places from wandering round Spitalfields market, but is there anywhere else I should go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Anyone know of a good Mexican/burrito place that doesn't use coriander? I can't stand the stuff and it seems like everywhere I try uses handfuls of it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
What are the contenders for best burger? I had 5 Guys for lunch yesterday and frankly it didn't really live up to the hype. My top 3 are probably Dirty Burger/Bleecker St/Honest Burger, though I haven't tried Byron yet so that may well change.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

skooma512 posted:

I'm flying to London tomorrow!

This really isn't specifically a London question, but what are some must try foods in the U.K.? I already want to try the pasty, scouse, the Sunday roast, the fry up, haggis, and weird poo poo you can get in chippys like munchy boxes.

Sitting on a beach/pier (or a bus shelter if it's raining) eating fish and chips when it's that day's catch is always excellent.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I've got a gig in Sloane Square on Saturday and I'm looking for somewhere to eat beforehand, is there anywhere reasonably close which isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

I've been once by Paddington and liked it, but they don't seem to have one near me. I like Chillango a lot, probably my favorite chain and I think the only one with shrimp on the menu, but Tortilla and Benito's are both very good and Chipotle at least is decent and provides good portions for the price. I think I've had Barburrito but forgot.

I went to Tortilla for the first time on Wednesday and I really wasn't impressed, soggiest burrito I've had in a long time.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

therattle posted:

Delicious curry gist rice and peas with cold sore and a drink for £4, lunch special.

:stare:

I think I'll pass, thanks.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
So when this restaurant brings you your expensive wine they put it in a bottle holder that's not near your table and expect you to go over and get it yourself if you want to pour yourself a glass?

This story is sounding more dubious by the minute.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I feel like a restaurant putting your bottle of wine somewhere you can't even see it is a huge loving red flag right there.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm in Haringey/Wood Green for a couple of weeks, is there any good (ideally non-chain) Mexican food around?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Is that Dinerama? I was there a few weeks ago, it's got a lot more going on than Pop but paying cover for the privilege of being able to go buy food feels a bit dirty. The gin stand has some interesting tonic selection however.

No, Boxpark is the row of popup-type places right next to the station. Dinerama is good too, if you go before a certain time (I think it's 7) it's free entry (and there'll also still be spaces to sit down).

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Lots of good places on the Triangle - Four Hundred Rabbits is good cheap pizza, Ponte Nuovo is decent, and there's a tiny Venezuelan place opposite Sainsbury's which is just fantastic. The White Hart does a good roast too.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 6, 2018

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
There's also an Indian takeaway at the crossroads at the top of Beulah Hill which was great but the name escapes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
90% of places on Brick Lane are just tourist trash coasting on the reputation nowadays, but there are still a couple of decent places - Beigel Bake is great and the donut shop (which I forget the name of) is excellent too. Also just round the corner is the Truman Brewery which has Mother Clucker.