Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Devil Jin's eye lasers are already OP enough as it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Guys don't share this tech yet 'cause I'm holding it for Evo but I found this anti-laser poo poo known as "ducking." :ssh:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

Guys don't share this tech yet 'cause I'm holding it for Evo but I found this anti-laser poo poo known as "ducking." :ssh:

...players that use Devil Jin? Sounds like a sound strategy.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

So, no Ultimate Cosmic Marvel vs Capcom 4 Galactus Edition at E3? Way to drop the ball, guys

e: im being facetious

Excels fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 13, 2014

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Excels posted:

So, no Ultimate Cosmic Marvel vs Capcom 4 Galactus Edition at E3? Way to drop the ball, guys

There is unlikely to be another MvC in the foreseeable future because of Marvel's new unification of video game properties

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Unification of what? garbage shovelware mobile games?

EDIT: Also

David "Dawgtanian" Hinds from Capcom posted:

I don’t want to say no, definitely not. But there’s no reason as to why that’s the end of all Marvel games with Capcom. I’m not present in those meetings but we’ll just have to wait and see I guess.

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 13, 2014

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
MvC4 confirmed. Yessssss

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
you're mean

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I've started playing quite regularly again and I just want to say that while th things that suck still do I'm having almost as much fun with it as I used to during the goon weeklies.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
UMvC3 is great, gently caress the haters.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
I've started running into Galactus players on PSN. The hilarity fades quickly.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Arrowsmith posted:

Which stage does he look the most awkward in?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

UMvC3 is great, gently caress the haters.

Arrowsmith posted:

Clearly the best fighting game. :allears:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I think the whole Galactus thing is super interesting. How often do we see new characters -- boss characters not designed to fit into the game's balance scheme -- get hacked into a game, then unleashed on the online community? What a shame UMVC3 died immediately because of its anemic online functionality. What I want to see are Boss Akuma and Gouken get hacked into SF4.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Those wouldn't be as interesting, surely? Are their mechanics changed up sufficiently that it would be cool?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
There actually were hacks for the PC versions of SF4 where you could play as the boss versions of Gouken, Akuma and Seth. IIRC they were pretty broke and had tons of crazy infinites and stuff.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

http://youtu.be/tqBZT34zt6g?t=10m25s

This loving Dante combo, holy poo poo

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Excels posted:

Looked pretty run of the mill to me... Cloud805 has the best Dante I've seen in tournament play.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Thanks for mentioning Cloud because it gives me an excuse to post this even if it's not during a tournament match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrkIcF4yxKY

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
Cloud's Dante is good but I still think GreenAce has the best Dante.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So I have this game, but I forgot I bought it until now. Picked it up in an unmarked box at a garage sale. Is there anywhere I can read like a summary of characters, that sort of thing? I'm terrible garbage at fighters (lol what the gently caress is a combo), so any tips would be appreciated.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

LordHippoman posted:

So I have this game, but I forgot I bought it until now. Picked it up in an unmarked box at a garage sale. Is there anywhere I can read like a summary of characters, that sort of thing? I'm terrible garbage at fighters (lol what the gently caress is a combo), so any tips would be appreciated.

Try looking up tutorial videos on YouTube and play the mission mode, its the closest thing this game has to a tutorial. Also try looking at movesets for each character and try getting comfortable doing special moves and stuff. Eventually you want to make a team with doom and spam missiles or beam assist and win at marvel!

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Excels posted:

As a pleb who loves this game, but isn't quite on the level, could you please pontificate on what we are seeing here?

LordHippoman posted:

Shoryuken.com is good, you might also try looking for the guide (maybe resort to :filez:) e: or get PM.

Arrowsmith fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jul 3, 2014

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Arrowsmith posted:

As a pleb who loves this game, but isn't quite on the level, could you please pontificate on what we are seeing here?
Like canoshiz said, it's just your average Dante combo. It's literally a slight variation of Babby's First Dante Combo using Vergil assist to get a few more attacks in before super.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I just like watching Dante combos okay :colbert: Who cares how easy or difficult it is

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I miss that "Sons of Sparda" combo montage someone did on Youtube a year or so ago. It had some crazy poo poo worthy of DMC like playing around with invincibility frames to do little no-damage "skits", nearly replicating a jump-cancel Helm Breaker combo from DMC3 (with matching clip :swoon:), and a dual DT hyper combo that looked real cool.

Apparently the dude got his account hacked and I couldn't find it anymore :smith:

EDIT: Wait, no, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20C8S0Dsjf8

EDIT 2: Half-wrong, whoops :v: This one's good, but it doesn't have everything I described. Maybe it had something to do with breatoal; she did some stuff for U/MvC3 when Dante and Vergil were announced for the games.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 3, 2014

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."
I'm having trouble with connecting Ryu's air S after an air super hado for the tk super hado follow up.. I can hit it maybe 2/10 times in training mode. I've figured out that it has something to do with making it so the air super doesn't fully connect but I can't really figure out what it is exactly that lets you do that.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
is it cool if i post this here?

Niitsuma would like to be a part of a Capcom vs. Capcom game if it happens, says curtain is closing on UMvC3

looks like street fighter is the only thing FG related they've been working on this year.

so much for reaffirming your presence in the fighting game genre....

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 10, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah they need to reaffirm their presence when their most popular game is still the one being played by everyone.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
their words not mine bro

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
None of those tweets really say anything one way or the other about Capcom not making any new fighting games, just that they're not making Rival Schools 3, CvS3, and there are no plans for a Capcom all fighter.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

More and more this copyright poo poo is just killing so many fun opportunities.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Race Realists posted:

so much for reaffirming your presence in the fighting game genre....
They launched Capcom Pro Tour and updated SF4. It might not satisfy what people wished it meant, but I think it qualifies.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I just want to state that I deliberately avoided seeing a majority of the Evo2k14 UMvC3 finals, because it ALWAYS leads to inevitable disappointment for me. Luckily for me, this is the strangest Evo of the last five years.

Thank god I didn't see this live. I would've lost my loving poo poo. THIS should've been the finals

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Not sure why but I thought this was supremely funny.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

JordanKai posted:

Not sure why but I thought this was supremely funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlrgx2Vxj48

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
New Marvel Fighting Game!!! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AEN71R18wg

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

For phones and tablets??? :confused:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I'm just imagining Yipes watching this video and slowly, silently shaking his head in disappointment. Some very lame play from Marvel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
man this looks ba....it has juggernaut. your move marvel

• Locked thread