Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Holy poo poo, zombie Arthur's super mode is shogun armor? loving SOLD :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HySA0WK0Lo

This looks like the hardest to block character since Magneto.

As somebody planning on maining Iron Fist this is great and all, but how is he supposed to deal with people who just hold up back?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Fellblade posted:

As somebody planning on maining Iron Fist this is great and all, but how is he supposed to deal with people who just hold up back?

Cancel into chi when they jump and try again when they land. Jump cancel f+H and air throw. Call an assist. Cancel into chi and try to cross under them? If he has a reliable crossunder then problem solved.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Wasn't his wavedash confirmed to be one of the fastest in the game?

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Fellblade posted:

Up-back isn't a magical get out jail free card. The opponent can block everything while they are in the air, but once they land, you have a moment to high/low mix them. You could also airgrab them.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
So for Iron Fist if you block his attack string he can cancel to chi which has super armor so you can't punish. In his attack string he can rapidly cancel in and out of his overhead rekka and low rekka.

If you're fighting him I guess you have to jump a lot and maybe try to throw him out of chi?

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Can Iron Fist combo off an air throw?

AlphaTM
Aug 11, 2010
Well, he has that groundbounce OTG move.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Niddhogg posted:

Yes but the timing is very very very strict. They get up too quick if he does it high in the air, but his forward air throw throws them straight to the ground in front of him.

If you're lucky to get the otg rekka into launcher though it's a full combo.

actually rekka otg rekka low rekka dragon fang is prob the easiest.

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 14, 2011

cams
Mar 28, 2003

God I am so excited to sit down and mess around with Iron Fist and Nova. I haven't seen a lot of the assists in Ultimate, who is my "GET IN THERE" assist to replace Sent Drones? I guess I could stick with Sent but I'd rather find someone new.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

If you have an OTG, strider's assist is great versus jumpers. It also comes out just after nova's moves cast time (cent arts/rocket punch) so it can pretty much make them safe.

Strider is also a pretty good anchor for a scrub like me since xfactor/lvl3 chip damage and constant mixup :shobon: I'm rear end at getting his extended combos though and legion is probably the worst level 1 in the game.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Are there movelists out for the new characters? I'm mostly curious how many commands Iron Fist has for various rekkas.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Boxman posted:

Are there movelists out for the new characters? I'm mostly curious how many commands Iron Fist has for various rekkas.

For some reason I want to say he has six.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

qcf ABC (S after 2 rekkas)

qcb ABC (S after 2 rekkas)

he has 8 rekkas + 3 chi moves.

Anyway, here's the bad thing about Iron Fist:

His rekka launcher isn't an actual launcher. His actual launcher will not hit people OTG but it will not also hit people in the air.

So this means that you can't ABCS sjMMHS otg rekka chain into dragon fang and pick them up for a relaunch with MHS or M rekka series.

It also makes his comboing after a wall bounce difficult since they're midair.

It makes l.LMHS not work since H puts them into an air state lol.

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 14, 2011

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Those alts are loving fantastic, finally the Spencer alt everyone's always wanted.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Those alts are loving fantastic, finally the Spencer alt everyone's always wanted.

It's close, but it's missing one vital aspect...

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Without the stache he just looks like some weird relative to Duke Nukem. Still better than regular Spencer though.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HySA0WK0Lo

This looks like the hardest to block character since Magneto.

Eh, I've been playing him for two days... he has no low-hitting openers and I can't get him to do more than 300k off an air hit-confirm...

If they're not on the ground IF can't do poo poo it seems...

I do like this 6H cancel stuff to get out of pushblock though.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Crowetron posted:

Edit: Why isn't this Frank West's theme?

I wanted to know the same thing. It's the obvious best choice!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Fereydun posted:

It's close, but it's missing one vital aspect...

And that's a drat shame, because Strange/Haggar/Rad Spencer would have made for one hell of a gimmick team.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
The IGN review is pretty funny. I especially liked:

"The character select menu has been reworked to separate the Marvel characters from the Capcom fighters, which makes it a little easier to find specific characters in the roster."

Select menu? Lolz. Also, the thing about characters being separated by affiliation and therefore easier to locate, implying the opposite of vanilla.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Quoting this from the previous thread:

Niddhogg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJiXKcjnvo

(Intro)

Nova, never backing from action he's
Nova, the protector of galaxies
Justice and honor - hero of the Nova Corps
Nova, wields a power you've never known
Nova, with his armor his power grows
Evil won't stand a chance against the Nova Force

(bridge)

A Super Nova, heroic light in the dark
No matter where is, the fight - he won't be far
A Super Nova, the Human Rocket will soar
We have New-War-ri-or
A Super Nova, see the Centurion might
Winning the battle, he'll leave - a streak of light
A Super Nova, Secret Avenger of peace
Whenever needed, bring it - and lead to victory

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Hey British guys, if you ordered with ShopTo they already shipped their orders this morning. Getting it on the American release date is pretty siiiiiiick

Toilet.Duck
Jul 13, 2006
Cleanest ever!
I got my confirmation email this afternoon, hype hype hype.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Cat Machine posted:

Hey British guys, if you ordered with ShopTo they already shipped their orders this morning. Getting it on the American release date is pretty siiiiiiick

That's cheating

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, anybody who has played the game before tomorrow is banned from the tournament. Unless my copy comes today.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I suck so hard, goddamn. Mission mode is loving me in the rear end, Clockwork was probably talking directly to me when he said on WNF that he thought the mission mode was harder.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

My copy hasn't even shipped yet WHAT THE FUUUUCK :argh:

People with the game - is online improved noticeably?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Niddhogg posted:

This is why I was asking, my goto method for dealing with up back is a throw. My scrub team of Wesker, Wolverine and Akuma means I can get a full combo off that, but with Iron Fist I've not heard anything about him comboing after a throw (other than the posts right now). I think his only low is the low rekka so it's gonna be pretty hard to hit somebody who is just holding up back other than maybe dashing underneath them.

As for the guy talking about Iron Fist combos, I heard his up kick command normal thing was cancellable so maybe he will get a ground loop instead of doing a launcher into air magic series?

Cat Machine posted:

Already doing this :smug:.

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 14, 2011

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've been wondering about something regarding Strider since looking at the guide preview. He can otg with both the orb and his slide, but the slide otg requires an assist to continue the combo. Is there every any reason you might want to choose the slide otg? I guess it might be faster, but the timing on the orb doesn't seem that bad. Maybe you could do something like slide otg, assist holds them and you do a gram wall bounce into a longer combo? Seems like hit stun deterioration would kill that, though.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Cinroth posted:

That's cheating

I'll consider myself lucky if I get it on friday. gently caress you, :sweden: postal system.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

So, I got the game a little early, and the person who told it to me said that if I played it online before midnight, Sony would IP ban me and I'd need to buy a new PS. While I'm happy to do my best and disconnect the PS from the internet before playing, what are the odds that anyone at Sony actually cares my having the game less than 12 hours early?

doctor/prostitute
Sep 30, 2004

You really ought to lock that down

Cat Machine posted:

Ughhhh, why did I wait to order it when I knew I'd be getting it anyway? I guess it'll still be here wednesday if I order it now which is pretty good.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Klaus Kinski posted:

I'll consider myself lucky if I get it on friday. gently caress you, :sweden: postal system.

Wörd man... :smith::hf::smithicide:

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 14, 2011

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I think my gamestop is having a midnight release for the game which is odd. is there another big game coming out on tuesday?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Fellblade posted:

As for the guy talking about Iron Fist combos, I heard his up kick command normal thing was cancellable so maybe he will get a ground loop instead of doing a launcher into air magic series?

It can cancel into another rekka which is where the issues crop up once more!

QCF M or H will knock them away after QCB H

the only thing you can really do after QCB H is the dragon fang/dragon shoulder charge thing (qcb/qcf s) after doing another rekka before it.

He's either going to need assists or some weird technology to loop rekkas into one another. You only get one dragon fang/shoulder charge per combo since it wall bounces. He doesn't have a ground bounce afaik.

chumbler posted:

I've been wondering about something regarding Strider since looking at the guide preview. He can otg with both the orb and his slide, but the slide otg requires an assist to continue the combo. Is there every any reason you might want to choose the slide otg? I guess it might be faster, but the timing on the orb doesn't seem that bad. Maybe you could do something like slide otg, assist holds them and you do a gram wall bounce into a longer combo? Seems like hit stun deterioration would kill that, though.

Orb otg is way easier. Slide can't be cancelled and it would mean that strider would be second or first on your team, which would be kind of off since he's both a really good anchor and a really good assist. You can call orb and launch it at a dude on the ground but that's tricky for my dumb hands. The only issue with the orb is that sometimes they recover before you can get off another attack. You can actually cheese that by stepping back a little bit so the frames of the orb launch recover and then you can continue the combo.

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 14, 2011

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Are any stores doing any midnight release events for this wonderful update? Would love to try to get into my local scene doing something like that.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kuai posted:

I think my gamestop is having a midnight release for the game which is odd. is there another big game coming out on tuesday?

Saint's Row 3 and the new Assassin's Creed.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

counterspin posted:

So, I got the game a little early, and the person who told it to me said that if I played it online before midnight, Sony would IP ban me and I'd need to buy a new PS. While I'm happy to do my best and disconnect the PS from the internet before playing, what are the odds that anyone at Sony actually cares my having the game less than 12 hours early?

I played vanilla like 3 days early, Sony didn't do poo poo. Rock out, son :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Kuai posted:

The Gamestop in-store sales representative told me Assassin's Creed Something.

• Locked thread