Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I will buy two copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ben Solo posted:

When acquiring films, I always thought about what I'd do if I ever found anything truly one-of-a-kind. As luck would have it I found a one-of-a-kind turkey, but restoring it has been a total joy.

Another nice thing: more restorations of rare public domain films are starting to pop up! Just recently a trio of lost H.G. Lewis films were successfully funded for restoration on Kickstarter (http://kck.st/KtKMIc). Finally we'll all get to find out the truth about Black Love.

I've got even more appreciation now for the incredible archival properties of film. After 45 years on a shelf we can pick up and view even the cheapest old b-movie today, clean it up as well as our budget permits and release it. Meanwhile, I have no assurances that any of the digital material I helped shoot this year will be properly taken care of for even a decade.

Good to hear! The shirts weren't really supposed to ship until July, but I wanted to get started early in case anyone wanted to wear 'em to Comic-Con. Also, packaging and mailing them is a one-man operation so it felt like a good idea to begin now.

Let me take this chance to ask- would anyone be interested in buying a 'Master' shirt with proceeds going directly to Tom and Jackey Neyman, AKA The Master and Debbie?

I would be much more likely to buy one if doing so helped out people who were in the film, yes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I hope it's just two hours of Torgo's theme with lots of premise pops and scratches.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cemetry Gator posted:

When I was in high school, I became really interested in watching the cartoons that were produced around WWII, especially since Disney released a set of them. It really help change some of my understanding of WWII, since I was seeing the work that really presented how people viewed the war and the enemy and gain an understanding for the thinking of the time. Imagine writing about Obama's presidency, and having Youtube videos to turn to so you could get a sense of what people were thinking and what they were saying. It could be fascinating. You could really understand Birtherism and all that other jazz. Our culture is a reflection of our times. Writing about the 90s and being able to watch Seinfeld and the Simpsons will give you an understanding of how American's actually live.

"New York must have been an inexpensive place to live, rents seemingly kept low by racial quotas allowing only white professionals under 35. Even comedians and the unemployed mentally ill could afford spacious apartments in the old city center. For unknown reasons, family groups sat at only three sides of their tables, all facing an empty fourth setting."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ben Solo posted:

Yep, the 13th of October is our official street date. At this moment, the Amazon Blu-ray preorder costs even less than the DVD preorder, and of course you'll be getting the unrestored "grindhouse" print on the Blu-ray as an exclusive bonus.

On a related note, one of the few $1000 backers still hasn't upgraded to Blu-ray last I checked. I offered to get him a player myself, but he's happy with his SD TV. These brave holdouts still do exist.

Off topic, here's a little teaser for what's next. Given that we have some very good Original Camera Negatives to work with, it will be a faster and less costly restoration... a perfect excuse to make the jump to working (and delivering?!) in 4K.

Can't wait for a special features documentary about Xeres the Cat.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I haven't gotten mine yet either. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Got mine today too. I love the featurettes. Ben, you have set history straight about so much poo poo that's been circulating about the movie.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nazi nerds must be lonely because so much sci-fi nerd stuff is made by jews. Do you think they're ever like, "well William Shatner is Jewish, but I don't see anything suggesting that Captain Kirk is!"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Through working on it, I was able to talk with Nicki Mathis (vocalist behind "Forgetting You") and she had a great line about going to the premiere.

"When it was over, I tried to forget it. It wasn't hard."

She's great. Her singing is probably the only professional part of that movie.

• Locked thread