Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I don't think many people anywhere would or should primarily associate Gervais with standup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Jim Gaffigan was the first comedian I ever saw live and he was great, so I'm definitely on board with this

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

Animal-Mother posted:

I hate to criticize anybody's taste in comedy but in the spirit of the late rear end in a top hat Patrice O'neal, I have to tell you that this dude is not funny at all.

Thanks for the insight

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Jen Kirkman's latest was great if you don't have that one. Natasha Leggero's Coke Money was also pretty good. I haven't heard Eddie Pepitone's CD but I've heard a lot of good things

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I think I spent an entire year listening to Todd Barry's two first albums on and off

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
In fact I'm pretty sure there's a lot of them.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
If you guys feel this bad about the fact that people are better about calling out sexism on this board now imagine how the non-sexists felt during all the years when it was never called out?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
"What I'm doing right now is called killing. It's probably the top thing you can do"

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
So Paul F. Tompkins is coming to London in April. I've already booked my tickets and my flight since I assume this is the closest he's going to get to sweden and I'm so gosh darned excited I've forgotten how to curse like an adult http://sohotheatre.com/whats-on/paul-f-tompkins-crying-and-driving/

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I'm going on the 9th

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Todd Barry's first two albums are also great for quick jokes.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Yeah I mean Louis CK seems to have given a non-apology, taken a six month vacation and it's pretty much all fine so I wouldn't even say he has lost that much.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
New York comedy guys are almost universally terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

EL BROMANCE posted:

I saw him in London a bunch of years ago for the show that became Crying and Driving and it was so great. He did about 30+ minutes about the UK at the beginning because he'd been there a bunch so had some good stories to tell. Naturally, I now remember none of them.

I also saw him in London during that show. I was at the late show after a guy had a heart attack in the crowd during the early show so it was a lot of talking about that. It was well worth flying in from Sweden just for the show