Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

BobTheCow posted:

Hahaha, that was great. I was a little weirded out seeing him in a suit in the thumbnail preview, but that came together nicely.
I was at the show where he taped the shots of the audience. He made a big funny deal out of how he was going to dress up how in a million years he never would, and had his camera guy filming him coming on and off stage a few times to "overdone" (of course not really) audience roars. I haven't seen another show live to compare, but this took the place of the warmup that others have described in this thread. The whole thing was hilarious and good fun, so I'm sure I got my money's worth.

(Also, I may be in the trailer, but also might be just out of the shot -- haven't tried to freeze frame and look for a tiny image of myself yet.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

Come on eislesn

you know what I mean

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

St. Dogbert posted:

I watched Neal Brennan's "3 Mics" on Netflix last night, and rather liked it. Very different style than you normally see.

I didn't enjoy the "emotional" part = a dude's indulgent one-man show but maybe it was cathartic for other people. I did enjoy the other two mics.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some guy while in line to be seated at a comedy club tonight: *points to picture of Carlos Mencia* "That dude is really funny but he gets too political"

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I like that Stewart Lee is still the 41st best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there an RSS feed that exhaustively lists all standup special releases?