Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I've been getting into loads of stand up through podcasts like the nerdist/wtf/joe rogan etc.

Some thing that has really struck is that some stand ups are actually much better at just talking to other people than actual stand up? I'm sure I'm not the first person to mention this (marc maron talks about it some times).

I hadn't heard bill burr before (apart from being interviewed). His stuff just completely flawed me and I immediately looked up all his sets on youtube and will buy his latest album. He is probably the funniest guy I have heard in years.

Then joe rogan who I enjoy being a podcast guy/commentator who can be funny in conversation I didn't really laugh once during the stuff I listened too?

Jippa fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Hadn't heard Burr before but I was pointed towards this and I found it funny so. You all probably seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaLTWW_yEG4

Burr is the first comedian that once I heard one set of his I had too look out every thing available straight away. I think he is top of the pile currently. Hilarious dude.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 24, 2015

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's weird isn't it. Louis can be really funny when he wants to be. That stuff is just so lazy. Do you reckon he would listen back to that and think "yeah I'm back baby"?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
http://youmadeitweird.nerdistind.libsynpro.com/brody-stevens-re-release

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comedy/comedians/comedian-ian-cognito-dies-onstage-audience-think-part-act/

https://twitter.com/jimmycarr/status/1116688860359069697

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

I imagine him riding a lawn mower in this picture.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Bill Burr is conservative and still funny. I tried his non stand up material like his podcast and was immediately turned off because it's just his conservative viewpoint with out the comedy. He still makes me laugh though. He almost apologises for it talking about growing up being a working class guy from boston.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm english , saying some one is conservative doesn't mean they are a hard right monster. I wasn't saying he was. Like I said I find him funny and likeable in his actual comedy bits. Please don't over analyse what I said.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's all good mate I won't bring it up in future.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I forget what all comedians specials are called but the one I was watching must have been from a few years ago now.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
James is one of the good guys. Every one support him.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Jeselnik is my go to example of a brilliant comedian who doesn't make me laugh. It's not my thing but I appreciate his talent.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I know what you guys mean. Some times I find it interesting and other times slightly annoying. I think it just depends what mood you are in.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Boywhiz88 posted:

I dunno but just wanna say his second episode w Harris Wittels is an all-timer for me. Just listened to it again this week. It helped me pull up from my nosedive back in the day.

When he is on form he is brilliant.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I remember seeing a clip from ages ago where pete had told the crowd not to react to this other comedians jokes. Everyone plays along and the poor guy completely bombs. All you can hear is pete's really stupid laugh from the wings. It's very funny.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

I don't find him that weird?? He talks about ram dass and spirituality but that's kinda normal for white american dudes who are comedians with podcasts right?

That's totally fair. I suppose it's just weird for me. I can't even remember the last time I talked about religion or even heard anyone else discussing it in real life.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I was just listening to pete and neal brennan. I love the observation that there are no female jnrs.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

XIII posted:

Great episode (and the first YMIW I've listened to prob 6mo). How Neal Feel is one of the few podcasts that I like enough to randomly re-listen to old episodes.

I'll check it out, any episode recommendations?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Apparently the guy had:

" a replica gun “that can eject a knife blade” when discharged correctly." :stare:

Sounds like things could have been worse.