Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
It's a tangent he went off on during his free 1 hour weekly podcast. (Brought to you by stamps.com, skatefender, and amazon.) He's one of the best working comics today, and, I will buy anything he puts out.

Unrelated, I just finished listening to Doug stanhope's new album, and thought it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

darklcd posted:

As someone who loves Bill Burr I've only just found out about his podcast about a week ago. I'm just wondering, I know he had been talking about another special he had done around early March, does anyone know when that's going to be played and if it's a dvd thing or on CC or anything.

e: He hasn't really talked about it on his podcast other than the fact that he did a special, so I was just wondering.

It's coming out this fall. On CC I think.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
I'm thinking of going to see Joey Diaz and Ari Shaffir next week. Anybody seen these guys live? Tickets are only 22 bucks, but I would have to get a hotel too. If they put on a great show it would be worth it.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

escape artist posted:

I like Joey Diaz but don't know how he is live. Ari Shaffir is a must see. I would absolutely go if I were you.

Also Dan Soder and Nikki Glaser's new Half Hours aired on Comedy Central last night.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's not very often I get acts that come within a distance I'm willing to drive, so I might as well take advantage. I've never seen either one of their standup acts, but I've heard them on podcasts and they always make me laugh so I'll give it a shot. I'm going to see Stanhope next month, so it'll be a good couple months for shows.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

AUTOTUNED TOILET posted:

You'll have a great time, Shaffir and Diaz are very very good :toot:

You were right. I went with a buddy and we both had a blast. I ended up buying a signed copy of Ari's cd "Revenge for the Holocaust" and listened to it on the way home today. If anybody is a fan of his that hasn't heard that album, you should check it out. The last bit had me laughing so hard I almost had to pull over. Really good.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
How is that Patrice Unreleased album? I loved his last one.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
Just saw Bill Burr in El Paso. The two times he tried to play here earlier both had to be rescheduled. He did about 90 minutes, and his opener, Joe Bartnick, was pretty funny as well. I think I only recognized one bit, and it seemed like he was also trying some new stuff. One of the best comedy shows I've been to. He stayed after and took pictures and signed stuff for close to an hour. Bill pretty much destroyed the entire time, and by the end my cheeks were numb. Check him out if you get the chance.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

braden posted:

Anyone seen Bill Burr lately? Can't wait to hear his new material!

I saw him last month, it was fantastic. He did an hour and a half of stuff I hadn't heard, and all of it killed. He stayed after and did meet and greet too, which was pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

Al! posted:

Bo Burnham is someone I really like but I really thought I would hate for some reason. I think there's something about his face that reminds me a little too much of YouTube superstars.

Was that not how he got his break?