Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
See you take the pop tarts and ice cream but you let the ice cream melt a little bit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

This is legitimately such a goddamned bummer

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Spaghetti basket was funny

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Megazver posted:

Rogan on a recent podcast mentioned that DiPaolo is, like, the only stand-up comedian he knows who's a) really into politics and b) is a conservative.

Personally, I don't really... care? If he's actually funny about it, then, like, whatever, good for him - but I somehow doubt he is.

Haha yea gently caress sexual assault survivors

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Bill burr seems like the kinda guy who consistently has lovely knee-jerk conservative takes on stuff but just as consistently is getting better about whatever he was lovely about a few years ago

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Is wacko jacko a molester now? Seems like he was in the 90s then maybe he wasn't for awhile.

Well no not now

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

mrfart posted:

It’s a valid question. I liked 30 rock, but she must have done something else that I don’t know off?

Mean Girls

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Years ago I heard a stand-up bit where a comic deconstructed the song Signs by Five Man Electrical Band (signs, signs, everywhere a sign) but I can't seem to Google who it was. Any idea?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh jesus christ yep that's it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Odddzy posted:

Before we watch him, can you confirm he's not a shitheel? I don't care about his standup, I just want to make sure he's a nice person first.

whats your deal man

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Pete Holmes' religion is screaming

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

did you know he's pale

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I would kill for this to be the beginning of a post hippie dippie weatherman Carlin style turn for Gaffigan

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

better not infect your kiiiiiiiiiids!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

what the gently caress even is this podcast

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Tony Phillips posted:

Edit - I can't for the life of me remember what bit the Danny Devito looking guy to the left of Bob's head is from. Any help?

i sure hope it isn't paul f tompkins as the japanese dude on the subway

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Gramps posted:

Has anyone confirmed that's actually him? What a bummer if true

Scott Aukerman basically did without saying on CBB recently

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Odddzy posted:

He wasn't funny, but I think people here should at least try being funnier than Mohr if they want to be allowed to poo poo on him.

dude he's goat boy

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Odddzy posted:

Are you a standup?

I am. My name is Jim Breuer and I AM NOT A SHEEP

I am a goat however

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Odddzy posted:

You called? What's up man?

he's still poo poo

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

I think this new comedy special from Jerrod Carmichael is gonna get us another round of “that ain’t comedy” arguments from dummies. And like, I might kind of understand where they would be coming from but at the same time

A: it’s still funny as poo poo because Jerrod still got jokes

B: part of the reason it came with, for example, Nanette (I think) is that Gadsby is an outsider to “the stand-up community” in many ways where Jerrod is not.

C: if it’s not stand-up comedy whatever it is is way more interesting.

Y’all should absolutely watch it when you get a chance.

Yeah it's great

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

wait, ricky gervais is an atheist?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Medullah posted:

I assume you're kidding, it's a huge part of his personality

:wink:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm glad this board moved away from the word "human being" which was everywhere 15 years ago.

agreed but it doesn't stop people from calling this a "dead gay website" every two minutes for reasons i don't loving understand

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's a Heathers reference

I understand that but there's an intended joke in referring to his "dead gay son" that is very much of the time of the movie and which doesn't work anymore.

In other words just because it's a reference doesn't mean it's not a reference to something homophobic

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I don't think PFT really does much actual standup anymore. CBB/Spont/Superego/TAH plus his Varietopia thing seems to be what he does. Which, to be clear, all of that is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Carlin's daughter is suing the makers of the AI generated thing and I hope she wins. I already think the genie is out of the bottle on AI but a legal victory here in the early stages of this poo poo will help a lot.

The special begins with a ton of disclaimers saying that it's an "impression" of Carlin and clarifying it's not really him, etc, which puts Kelly & co in a very difficult position to win imo (even though I would like them to shut this poo poo down)