Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

-Atom- posted:

I'm actually completely in agreement with Dane.

Yeah me too. TJ broke protocol and comes off like some moralizing prick trying to land a studio job or something. People get bumped, deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

M1TCH3LL posted:

Since this seems to be American-centric, I'm curious as to what the American comedy fans here think about British comedians. Obviously, the easy name to pull out is Ricky Gervais who seems to be more revered in America than in the UK right now. But then you have comedians like David Cross and Louis CK singing the praises of Daniel Kitson, considered by many to be the best comedian in the country, as well as Stewart Lee who IS the best comedian in the country.

In general I find that UK and US standup are two completely different kettles of fish, probably owing to their unique origins - the theater and jazz clubs.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Does that really count as meeting somebody?